• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Performance Hillclimb

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Sounded awesome! Thanks for pointing the camera up so we can see where you're going, I've seen too many videos where all you can see are the handlebars.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks for the Thanks!
We have a week, possibly 2 weeks left as I noticed the crevasse dips are starting to show on the glaciers. This means they may start opening up soon.
Come on up and ride!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
K.... Maybe I am all messed up. You had the aero setup on a cmx correct? Now you went to a Turbo Perf set up on it? Am I reading/understanding correctly?

If so how do you like it? What size turbo are you running and Vipec?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yes, I had an Aerocharger on my CMX. I took it off and replaced it with a Turbo Performance Garrett 2871 kit.
Yes, you are correct.
I like the Turbo Performance kit. Great response, no lag and lots of power.
I use a Boost-It extra injector controller.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Very nice!!! How much boost are you running?

Trying to decide between a TP kit, or one of those new fangled superchargers for next year. I like the SC concept, just cant get myself to leap and trust the performance promises.

Nice vid.. glad you are happy now.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I'm running 7 lbs boost, not 6 as I thought. I was going by the gauge and I noticed the altitude was causing the gauge to read -1 lb when at idle.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
One of those gauges don't happen to be a IAT gauge does it? Curious what the charge temps are on a long pull like that with no IC?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
looks like it runs hard.

man it freaks me out to hear a 2 stroke turbo WOT for that long... im just waiting for it to pop... but just keeps on rocking! that thing sounds like shes right on the rev limiter. love hearing those cfi motors screaming for all they are worth.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It doesn't have an IAT gauge. The gauges are rpm, a/f, boost, EGT's then H20 temp and RPM on the digital gauge.

Wheelhouse I know what you are saying about WOT for so long but somehow they live. Makes my toes curl listening to the vid sound. I would like to do a full 2 minutes but it will have to be in the winter and deeper snow because in the spring we get too much speed and run out of vertical.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
looks like it runs hard.

man it freaks me out to hear a 2 stroke turbo WOT for that long... im just waiting for it to pop... but just keeps on rocking! that thing sounds like shes right on the rev limiter. love hearing those cfi motors screaming for all they are worth.

LOL...it's funny you say that.....heli's are usually busy up there, especially during hgh pressure systems...many of motors go down up there.

And in the Spring...warmer temps, big climbs....POW!!!

Premium Features