• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Photos from Monday's Snowbike ride

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
need a demo ride on that, hate seeing the new 07 wr 450 sittin in the garage all winter

I was wondering about the shifting also. does it slow down the engine to much shifting manually or is a rekluse almost mandatory

Last edited:
B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
need a demo ride on that, hate seeing the new 07 wr 450 sittin in the garage all winter

I was wondering about the shifting also. does it slow down the engine to much shifting manually or is a rekluse almost mandatory

Lots of good questions-

Shifting is similiar to dirt- Grab a gear and go. It doesn't slow the engine down when you shift.
We've not had clutch problems, and we've put thousands of hours on the bikes in the snow. The Rekluse clutches are great, and work well in the snow. They're not necessary- if you like the Rekluse on dirt, you'll like it on snow.

For us ex-mx'ers these look pretty neat. That said it seems like they would not do so well in the deep stuff. My old 13.5" wide F7 was like a butter knife in the fluff I can't imagine a 11" wide would do very well. I'd love to try one and if they worked I'd lose my sled in a heart beat. Got any in Colorado?
I thought I posted deep powder pics? I know it's tough to believe, but this is a different animal than a sled. Our front ski is almost the same width as the track, so it packs a continual trail for the track= goes better than you'd think.
Overall weight is less than 300 lbs = goes better than it should. The fixed path track (efficient), putting power to the rear of the track (more efficient-bottom's tight, top's loose) and almost 50% of the track surface on the snow= all helps to make the dirt bike go well in the powder.

Our track system has also been tested on a horsepower-loss track dyno. It was 90% efficient from the crankshaft to the ground.

What does all this mean? A 50 hp bike can really surprise you. We're not going to highmark the 1000cc sleds on a deep powder day, (without boost :D) but the bikes can really go well in the snow. And man are they fun!

S
Dec 19, 2007
Give US a call to come BURY some HAWKS

From the looks of it, these will Bury the Hawk in a couple more years.
Relatively inexpensive, Works well on the hill and the bike can be ridden year 'round.

Great product guys, good job.

We are still waiting for some of these over-hyped jokes to come ride with us
The excuse we get is that they are 'still waiting for base' - maybe when spring comes - then they can 'climb to the rocks' with the 30 year old 440's

The only ones we see even off of the trail have to follow other tracks (sloppy seconds) - no 'powder rush' for them

We ride every weekend SW Alberta or SE B.C. give Bernie or Lloyd a call at (403) 388-4187

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
We are still waiting for some of these over-hyped jokes to come ride with us
The excuse we get is that they are 'still waiting for base' - maybe when spring comes - then they can 'climb to the rocks' with the 30 year old 440's

The only ones we see even off of the trail have to follow other tracks (sloppy seconds) - no 'powder rush' for them

We ride every weekend SW Alberta or SE B.C. give Bernie or Lloyd a call at (403) 388-4187

Wow. Im guessing you are a snowhawk fan?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Wow. Im guessing you are a snowhawk fan?

I'm trying to figure out which side he's on also...
"give us a call to come bury some Hawks" makes me think he's a RadiX rider, but who knows?

Either way, it sounds like the Canadians are ready to rumble...

Edit- just checked his profile- looks like he's a Hawkster-

Last edited:
L
Dec 30, 2007
Very hard to tell what the hawker's are saying most of the time :confused:? I think all the addict's are so druged up:face-icon-small-ton, they don't realize they are sinking fast ! Some hawker's have seen the lite:light:. Abandoned nest ! Then a good intervention 2MOTO :D. They all need rehab from SH:p. Just say No:mad: to that Old Drug, Already !!........ OH, Keep your Day Job's !!

P
Jan 11, 2008
Ellensburg WA
Do you guys run the Husaberg as your Rogue model due to the lack of airbox? I have a Husa FX470 so I'm glad to see that the airbox issue will not be a problem. In fact, I would think that carb icing issues are greatly improved due to the warmer air coming from under the tank.

BTW-- For those of you scared of Husaberg due to parts availability, the great thing about them is that ALL of their models are identical with the exception of the barrel/piston. Just about any part you need is stocked and will arrive on your doorstep within a couple of days. I use BOSS in PDX... good folks. KTM dealers should be Husaberg parts suppliers now as well, but try to stick with the guys who have supported them since day 1.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
any demos rides In Montana? Maybe west yellowstone at the expo.

We'll be at Expo. Look for us at the airtsrip, by the Snow-X track.

Pro_Marinero-
Another reason I like the Berg is for it's airbox. That makes it super simple to install our kit, and sucks cleaner air. We've gotten Berg parts faster than any other brand. I've heard BOSS is the man in the PDX area also. Great reputation.

S
Jan 27, 2008
front ski

just wondering how the front ski is mounted on those. what stops them from swinging back and thetip digging in . thanks
speedking

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
A new option.

Sidi makes a new Adventure boot modeled after MX, a little shorter with three buckles, and Gore Tex, few sizes bigger then you need and you would stay warm. They don't even make size 14 for me so I can't ever try them.

Coldwave used to make a similar which I have, starting to wear out like some of my Hawks though.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
What are these like to ride on hardpack with the 2 inch track? If a guy was going to ride it on the flats around home would you burn out sliders? Would it be squirrely to handle on packed trails?

When riding in the mountains, if you are climbing something really steep, what are they like to turn out? What about going back down hill?

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
so how would they do ditchbangen? would they be kinda tippy and stuff with all the little finger drifts sometimes it hard to stay on my sled with two skis let alone just one

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Utah!!!

Blaser,
Still waiting for you and Annell to get out here to utah... its just a 4 hour drive! I think i can get at least 2 bike dealers out on the ride as well. Ive got 2 07 yz450f's sitting in my garage that could be out playing in the snow... :D
lets get it going!

Premium Features