• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

153 in back of Nissan Frontier...

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Anybody have a newer (10+) Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with the short bed? I am looking at loading a sled in the back and transporting from Island Park, Idaho back to Seattle. I've loaded a 153 in the back of my full size F150 with the short bed and haven't had any problems, but from what I can tell, the Frontier is about 6 inches shorter. I may end up having to rent a uhaul trailer and towing.

Side Note: Since I have never been to the area, how are the driving conditions along I-90 East past Spokane into Idaho this time of year? I was planning on them being marginal at best, which is why I opted to load in the back vs. towing with the 6 cylinder.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Enough said!!! I was leaning towards that anyways for that very reason. I am going to book a 6 x 12 enclosed cargo trailer!

C
Apr 28, 2008
spokane wa
you can put a sheet of plywood in your bed and transport it that way, no salt on roads in this part of the world, and two passes in idaho on I90 both smaller than snoqualmie, there is barely any snow on the sides its dry over the entire state

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I'll say it like I did in the chat, build a quick wood single deck for your box. Probably four two by fours and a sheet of osb probably be like twenty or thirty bucks. And you'll be able to shake the guys hand that gave it to ya.

D

Duvall Dean

Nov 8, 2003
Wenatchee, Wa.
Put the tailgate down and use some ratchet straps to cinch that bad boy down
Might need to put a red flag on the snow flap cause it sticks out so far !!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Put the tailgate down and use some ratchet straps to cinch that bad boy down
Might need to put a red flag on the snow flap cause it sticks out so far !!

This dosnt work, the tailgate applys pressure to the front track shock and expands the rear shock. The track ends up being three inches from the road

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
When i checked prices in August for a 6x12 enclosed rental it was pretty high.

I would haul it in back of your pickup. With the money you save vs renting, you could buy a bed extender support which goes in receiver hitch and extends beyond tailgate. I like that idea because it takes excess weight off tail gate too. $150 from cabelas but lots of other choices out there.

For another $150 you can get a tri-fold ramp for loading.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
When i checked prices in August for a 6x12 enclosed rental it was pretty high.

I would haul it in back of your pickup. With the money you save vs renting, you could buy a bed extender support which goes in receiver hitch and extends beyond tailgate. I like that idea because it takes excess weight off tail gate too. $150 from cabelas but lots of other choices out there.

For another $150 you can get a tri-fold ramp for loading.

This should work well and you'll have a good set-up for anytime you want to haul the sled. I would imagine you will need to from time to time, right?

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Yeah, I've never seen the extensions that go into the tow hitch, I'll have to look at that. I live up in AK now and have a full size truck I use to get around.

I could build a temporary one up sled bed like josh was saying. Which would work better than loading it in the back with the tail gate down as he said.

I'm exploring all of my options here. I'm looking at having it shipped over too, so all I have to do is fly into Idaho Falls and head over to Island Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Im looking into having a company called Powersport Services NW haul the sled back to Seattle for me... Full size 4x4 truck rentals are expensive as hell...especially when you are going one way. For the same price, I could have the sled brought to Seattle...So I may just end up doing that!

Last edited:
Premium Features