• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silbers Turbo

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Check back on this thread I bought a new all the bells and whistles turbo and never received what I ordered was told they would ship out what they were suppose to never happened so I sent the turbo back Boston told me he would talk to Justin to get me my refund because I missed the ride I wanted to go on in Mccall because my sled was apart. They never answer the phone but I think my money is long gone I will post an update to this every week and let everybody know what kind of a company we are all dealing with. I MUST OF HAD LOW BLOOD SUGAR LOL.

Just installed the turbo not running right, but correy might have figured it out. I can't believe I posted this crap it must of been a bad year.

Last edited:

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
Check back on this thread I bought a new all the bells and whistles turbo and never received what I ordered was told they would ship out what they were suppose to never happened so I sent the turbo back Boston told me he would talk to Justin to get me my refund because I missed the ride I wanted to go on in Mccall because my sled was apart. They never answer the phone but I think my money is long gone I will post an update to this every week and let everybody know what kind of a company we are all dealing with.

you are one of many i feel will be posting about what they've turned into. it's sad we have to bring it to the forum. i will say the guys at boston were good to work with for me. i have a novel of a post i'll be putting up in the ski doo turbo forum about my experience.

H

hawktoy85

Mar 5, 2013
i have 2 of there turbos. my experience with them has been a good one. Corey/boston racing has been awesome.

They are not WalMart to expect a refund because "Life Happens" is pretty lame. I know you missed your trip, but sh*t happens. They are a small company and rely on others for some of there parts. I know when I ordered my kits they were out of clutch weights. So it took a few days longer to get the kits. I had a trip planned and Corey advised me not to tear down the sleds until I had the kits just in case there were any shipping delays.

The turbo is worth every penny and every delay. My sled flat out rip. Silber's kit work. Just keep the kit all this bull sh*t will be forgotten once you hit the snow with your new turbo.

My 2 cents.

cash

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Omaha
Silber Turbo's

We bought 2 kits and had 1 small issue with one, Corey went above and beyond to help solve any problems. Once our problem was solved both kits just absolutely rip, wish we had some F---ing snow to ride.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
done a bunch of kits and we always have good luck dealing with justin and his kits.

since you seem to have a major issue, maybe elaborate and explain what you got, what was wrong/missing etc. maybe even dates when you sent money/stuff shows up. etc. you're making very vague accusations and assuming he has no intention of dealing with things.

Also to claim you missed a trip because your sled is torn down is pretty lame, his new kits take 4-5 hours to install, and assuming your sled was just partially torn down as your kit wasnt complete, you didn't go on a trip over a few hours of reassembly is pretty silly. Does it suck? yeah, not ideal, but to just throw your hands up and not go says plenty about your desire to create solutions vs complain about issues.

Last edited:
S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Sorry you had a bad dealings they have treated me above and beyond... BTW your IT people that built your web site need to be fired. You have about 10 dead links.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i too would like to here more details

what sled was the kit for ? what was wrong with the kit you received ?
did you recieve the kit on time ? have you been told that you won't be paid ?

not trying to be a dick just wondering how it went down
thanks

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Actually I did 250,000.00 in the web site but I will be checking on the links thank You for reporting that. OK here are the dates ck # 2365 made out for made out for $8625.00 cleared my bank my bank on 11/20 made out on 11/6 and of course this is the year 2014 if you would like me to post the check I can do that too. I also have the text from correy I have him listed as boston racing on my phone I can see how I can get this transferred to this and list it for you too. As far as the turbo that was ordered it was a oilless external wastegate setup I will go into further details latter but I had a call today that said Silbers had refused delivery of my package and I must pick it up but you see I have the page still on my phone that said it was delivered to him on Friday 2/27/2015 strange enough I called Correy let him know it was signed for that day.

Now as far as the turbo and me not going to Mccall Have you tried putting your sled back together it comes apart ALOT easier then it goes back together I've got it back to stock now and I did take pictures of it torn apart with everything but the turbo on I thought I might need them if I pursue a suit.

Now when I buy a high ticket Item I do expect to get what I pay for and in a timely manner and if I buy a 2$ item from wal-mart well it is what it is.

You see I deal with people everyday and yes some are difficult but I do find a way to satisfy my costumers I lost 6800.00 on one job last year due to poor framing and a difficult costumer but all in all when I left the job he was a satisfied costumer and I have and will continue to receive more work because of that I'll even put a bet and say this was probably pennies on the dollar in the long run word of mouth can and is huge.

I will be posting more on this as it continues and if you do require I will post check, dates, time of calls.

Thank You all for reading my post and sending PM's I will get back and call

What in the crap did you buy for $8,625!?!?:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-con

Is that what the new Silber kits cost now with all the bells and whistles?? If so who in the right mind would buy one of these?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Actually I did 250,000.00 in the web site but I will be checking on the links thank You for reporting that. OK here are the dates ck # 2365 made out for made out for $8625.00 cleared my bank my bank on 11/20 made out on 11/6 and of course this is the year 2014 if you would like me to post the check I can do that too. I also have the text from correy I have him listed as boston racing on my phone I can see how I can get this transferred to this and list it for you too. As far as the turbo that was ordered it was a oilless external wastegate setup I will go into further details latter but I had a call today that said Silbers had refused delivery of my package and I must pick it up but you see I have the page still on my phone that said it was delivered to him on Friday 2/27/2015 strange enough I called Correy let him know it was signed for that day.

Now as far as the turbo and me not going to Mccall Have you tried putting your sled back together it comes apart ALOT easier then it goes back together I've got it back to stock now and I did take pictures of it torn apart with everything but the turbo on I thought I might need them if I pursue a suit.

Now when I buy a high ticket Item I do expect to get what I pay for and in a timely manner and if I buy a 2$ item from wal-mart well it is what it is.

You see I deal with people everyday and yes some are difficult but I do find a way to satisfy my costumers I lost 6800.00 on one job last year due to poor framing and a difficult costumer but all in all when I left the job he was a satisfied costumer and I have and will continue to receive more work because of that I'll even put a bet and say this was probably pennies on the dollar in the long run word of mouth can and is huge.

I will be posting more on this as it continues and if you do require I will post check, dates, time of calls.

Thank You all for reading my post and sending PM's I will get back and call

Normally I wouldn't respond on a public forum like this but in the spirit of transparency figured I would.

I apologize that this situation has digressed to where it has. There was a miscommunication on November 8th when I asked you which kit you decided to go with and you said oiless and told Justin to put you down for a standard kit with self lube. You received the kit on December 11th and sent me a text on January 17th in follow up to a conversation we had about sending a wire harness for a 2012 making no mention of the missing external wastegate components.

In February you let me know that you had ordered an external kit and received a standard kit. I agreed that there was a mistake made and said we would send you the external components. We did not have any exhaust housings in stock and planned to ship you the parts as soon as they were available.

A little over a week ago you called me to let me know that you removed the kit and had already sent the kit back to Silber and that you were expecting a refund. I agreed to talk to Silber and see what options were available. I did talk to Justin and he restated that there are no refunds on turbo kits but he would take another kit slated for somebody else apart and give you the external components. Silber received your kit in the mail and had his guys swap the housings and ship it back to you. You must have received it by now and that is the inspiration for this post.

I am sorry it took so long for this to get resolved but to lay all the blame on Silber or myself is a stretch. Threatening a "suit" is even more ridiculous and when threats like that are tossed out there it makes it extremely hard to do anything for you at all. You got the kit 4 months ago and up until a month ago didn't notice it was the wrong one. I am sorry we didn't have the parts on hand to remedy the situation immediately but I was doing my best to make it right. I do my best to handle every situation as quickly as possible but there are times when even the best customer support in the world take a hit for things outside their control.

You tried to call me once yesterday at 2 in the afternoon and I happened to already be on another call and forgot to call you back. I am diligent about returning calls but I must have got sidetracked and forgot. No Ill will....just a simple case of having to finish a sled and it slipped my mind.

Silber Turbos has always been committed to customer service. The problem is that when your on the phone all day there is somebody who can't get through and he has to set time aside to actually build and ship the components. There will be tons of people who have had some type of issue with Silber in the past and realizing that he needed help asked me to field some of the calls. I appreciate all the kind words people have to say about the service I provide but to knock Silber and praise me is wrong. I am here providing that support because of him. When you have an issue and need parts he is the one that is sending them or paying for them. Silber does not issue refunds on turbo kits and at this point has done everything he could to make sure you got what you paid for.

Once again I apologize that your deal did not go as smoothly as anybody would have liked but I am confident that if you take that brown box and put the contents on your sled you will be smiling from now until the end of the season.

Silber has no intention of responding to this thread as he refuses to get involved in the mudslinging.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Just install the turbo and go riding you wont regret it. All this will be erased from your mind after you give it a rip. I honestly believe after you ride this for a few days your next post will be "WOW It was worth the wait"

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
I have a very good feeling this guy has been exaggerating everything from the get go. Boston very mature response and this is the type of business I have dealt with Silber and his suppliers are top notch folks.

One last thing... you did not spend spend $250k on a basic website. If you did you really do not know business... My company does IT support all around the world and no one in their right mind would spend that on a basic web site like you have.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I understand your frustration Nick and know you have been patient with us and up until I saw this post didn't know the extent of your frustration and am honestly surprised that it has come to this. I am certainly not saying you are to blame for receiving the wrong stuff but we would have had a chance to get it resolved more quickly had we had known in December or January.

The other customer understands the bind we were in and offered to help us out. I am doing everything I can Nick to make this right. Besides a refund what can I do to turn this around?

I will call you in a bit and we can discuss.

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
so is it fair to say that you ordered the kit in november it arived in december you realized you needed a wiring harness piece

then in january you realized the kit was wrong (standard not external) then contacted Silber and they said they would get the corrrect parts to you as soon as possible

then at the begining of march you told boston you sent it back and wanted a refund
?

Last edited:
Premium Features