• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there a 12 step program for boost???

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
After 10 years + of riding boosted sleds. I jumped on a new Pro this year. Dang close to stock. It was about the most fun I have had in recent years. I don't know if it was the group, getting lucky hitting the snow right... I had a year I will remember for years.

When I got the Pro, the intention was to boost it. I ran out of time last fall and just decided it was time to ride. Now after a great year, I know the smart thing is to leave it alone. I have this little voice in my head that wont quit whispering boost. All hours of the day, and night.

Then I think, well if I am not going to boost, then what about a 860-900 class motor.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :help:

I need a 12 step program to just step away and ride stock.. :face-icon-small-dis

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Then I think, well if I am not going to boost, then what about a 860-900 class motor.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :help:

I need a 12 step program to just step away and ride stock.. :face-icon-small-dis

I know what you are thinking in the 850-900 class motor.
I REALLY want to try that myself.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Why do you say that. We spend 75% of our time in the trees, anymore. I don't climb that much anymore.

Most of my buddies are the size of a teenage girl. I am just looking for bump, not a arm stretcher.

I think I know where this is going. Just thinking a bb on top of my LR might be a fun little runner. A lot of the days, a turbo is overkill.

pat.m23

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2015
I went with a turbo on my pro n love it i will never go back to a non boosted sled. I love that boost roost

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
My last 2 sleds have been all stock, and the 10+ sleds before that were all various levels of modded sleds.... Big Bore, NO2, Turbo, Supercharger and every light weight part you could buy.
Couldnt be happier on the stock powered sleds of today. The new Poo/Doo will take you everywhere you want to go. Only 2-3 days this year did we have to make multiple runs at a hill to make it over the top and keep going the direction we wanted to go.

I think the big question is, who/what do you ride with? Are the rest of the guys on stock or slightly improved sleds OR are most of them boosted?

Its kind of nice to have a little challenge on a stock sled on deep days. if you can just pin it and climb anything everyday it takes a little fun out of it. Eric

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
SRX... anything and everything. Stock pros, and Doo's. Turbo Doo, and Pros. Watercraft triple turbo, Yami turbo... Doo big bores Pretty much everything, except Kittys... :becky:

Riding levels are all across the board too.

Its pretty much what ever floats our boat, and makes you happy.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Rode the 15 pro (mostly stock) all season and had as much fun as any sled I've owned including turboed pros, modded Doos and others. Amazing where this sled can go and how much fun you have getting there.
Honestly can't see boosting my future sleds, have an AXYS checked and can't wait to see where it will go non boosted.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
i have a ported turbo 800 (cat) and its just to fun to ride and you can ride it any where tress or opens moderate boost 8/9 psi this year im building a 901 you know just for something to do. I have had 1200 tripples ,910, ported 8s and 8s with nos. but this one is fun. I ride with na sleds all the time with no problems what so ever. the fun you get out of it is what you make of it no matter what you ride. i like doing everything but what i have always liked the most is mashing that throttle and feeling that power roll on. And do it all day well untill your out of fuel Hahaha.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I like the last couple lines Larry. Mashing the throttle = permagrin!!!!

Thats what I miss the most about not racing anymore. A nice heavy track when the car is hooked up and working perfect. Coming off the corner and just letting it eat!
For some reason I have just never got that same feeling on a sled, even high HP sleds. Eric

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
12 steps to build a better working boosted sled? ;)

I just had to walk away from sleds for a bit because of the addiction. I can have a ton of fun on a stock sled, but something about way to much power is just so dang addicting!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
12 steps to build a better working boosted sled? ;)

I just had to walk away from sleds for a bit because of the addiction. I can have a ton of fun on a stock sled, but something about way to much power is just so dang addicting!

Nick, I don't believe you can last to long on your sabbatical. It will be short lived. :face-icon-small-win

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Nick, I don't believe you can last to long on your sabbatical. It will be short lived. :face-icon-small-win
I swore I was just going to snowbike all next season and not have anything turbo'd.

And im already dreaming up the parts I will need to build another custom tube sled.... that may need some boost. LOL The addiction is real!

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I had a turboed dragon and bought my wife a pro last year. I ended up riding the pro unless she went with me. I went with our porting package on my pro this year just because I had a extra time with our snow conditions and I wanted more but didn't want to spend the money on a turbo. over all I love having it ported. It's enough power to do what ever I want too and no head aches to go with it.

Premium Features