• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber oil pump delete?

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
So anybody running the oil pump delete kit for the silber? Any feed back? Easy to install etc?
I'd like to get rid of the oil pump setup on my 2015 pro with 2014 silber kit.
Almost seems like a no brainer if it's not risky for the components.
Thx.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
It works very well, just make sure you get the kit that Silber has for the delete and you have a ball bearing turbo not a journal center section. This cleans the turbo kit up considerably.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
It works very well, just make sure you get the kit that Silber has for the delete and you have a ball bearing turbo not a journal center section. This cleans the turbo kit up considerably.

Right on. I can imagine it would clean everything right up!! Not to mention
Removing an electrical draw from the pump too. And save a couple
Pounds!! Easy install?

Bushman900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Morrison,Co
easy install, once you get the rivets out of the belly pan put a little heat on the belly pan and it will start popping off. don't force it because you will damage easy

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I would call it a 2 beer project if your taking your time.

super simple and cleans up the under hood situation even more for a super clean kit. also removing the electrical draw on the pro system is ALWAYS a big plus.

Got a handful of guys on the snow right now with those kits and nothing but smiles so far!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I put the oil line kit on my sled and it's awesome. Cleans up the look and getting rid of a tank that leaked when rolling my sled over was the main reason that I wanted this mod. Pulling the bottom plate was a pita, but easy enough.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
works great i put some heat tape on the oil line at the turbo
and like everyone said the bottom plate removal is a SOB use heat for sure
good luck

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
so your deleting the oil pump to the turbo what are you using to oil the turbo? the stock injection pump i assume. Do you still have a oil tank on the turbo/

JACKAL

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Wenatchee
I just purchased a new external wastegate kit and it only comes with the delete. It is installed and running, less work than a big bore to install I think.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
no oil tank just a line from the injector pump once the turbo is full the excess oil is forced past the seals into the exhaust side of the turbo or the intake side into the engine

it would be cool if you could make sure the excess oil went into the engine
extra lube is nice and probably help reed life too

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Talking with Cory he mentioned I could do this he feels to my Garrett turbo on my doo. Basically it's the same idea as poo, using oil feed lines from raves to supply oil to turbo and dead head the other side of turbo..

I talked with my turbo dealer and he thinks it could work but feels oil will become much hotter than recommended and possible damage something also mentioned slower spool.. Has anyone seen this, would you think it could work on a doo or Garett turbo as well

Sure would like to get rid of pump and tank on this kit, just had my pump go down and lost my turbo because of it.. Ain't cheap to replace

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
While deadheading the injection oil at the turbo seems to have worked out for the kit builders I can't help but think there is a better way.

In my completely unexpert opinion, a 30 - 40 PSI relief valve installed at the outlet of the turbo would ensure that the bearing housing remains flooded & that excess oil could be dumped to a spot of your choosing(I.E. engine, intake, oil tank, etc.). Shouldn't be too tough to source a compact / lightweight relief valve equipped with 1/8" NPT ports designed for oil service.

Relying on the oil to push past the turbo seals just seems wrong, regardless of however little the flow is......

Talking with Cory he mentioned I could do this he feels to my Garrett turbo on my doo. Basically it's the same idea as poo, using oil feed lines from raves to supply oil to turbo and dead head the other side of turbo..

I talked with my turbo dealer and he thinks it could work but feels oil will become much hotter than recommended and possible damage something also mentioned slower spool.. Has anyone seen this, would you think it could work on a doo or Garett turbo as well

Sure would like to get rid of pump and tank on this kit, just had my pump go down and lost my turbo because of it.. Ain't cheap to replace

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
See your from the hat as well..

My understanding is oil supply in this kit is from rave values, and if supply line to turbo needs oil it will go that direction, if not it just goes to raves.. it's not that oil has to leak past seals in turbo from pressure, its dead headed there and allows bearing to spin in same oil

Big question is if oil is overheated in turbo centre section from being dead headed rather than circulated and cooled in the past system, causing premature ware and slower spool of turbo

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Yep, from the Hat too.

I'm not familiar with the lube circuit used on the BRPs but your explanation makes sense - 2 paths for the oil to take. Might work OK in that application.

On the older model Pros, some of the kit builders were routing the oil from one of the delivery ports on the injection pump directly to the turbo with no return, relying on leakage within the turbo to relieve the pressure. Someone had posted a video on S.W. awhile ago showing that the injection pumps were capable of producing some fairly significant pressure when deadheaded. I guess it's one of those situations where "what is the best design?" VS "what can you get away with?"......

See your from the hat as well..

My understanding is oil supply in this kit is from rave values, and if supply line to turbo needs oil it will go that direction, if not it just goes to raves.. it's not that oil has to leak past seals in turbo from pressure, its dead headed there and allows bearing to spin in same oil

Big question is if oil is overheated in turbo centre section from being dead headed rather than circulated and cooled in the past system, causing premature ware and slower spool of turbo

Premium Features