• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need troubleshooting help from the vipec / electrical experts

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Just got off the phone with Sebastien, looks like my ecu was the problem. He's sending a replacement right away.

Good to hear!

Any electronic / electric component is fallible and this particular situation should not be perceived as a manufacturer that produces poor quality components.

A certain failure rate has to be expected & it's how the manufacturer deals with those failures that counts.

So far it's looking good.

R

racin_jayson

Sep 19, 2009
Whitehorse YT
Did he say what the problem was , would be good to know in case any other users have the same problem ?

He didn't say, just that the problems I was experiencing were duplicated when he tested the ecu.
I am sure that this is not the norm, just bad luck on my part to receive a defective unit. Hopefully I can get this sled running and tuned soon and turn this into a Vipec success story.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Sebastien says he guarantees that it's not the ECU that's the problem, but I am out of electrical components to replace. I'm getting really frustrated and I'm hoping that there is someone who can help me out.

Just got off the phone with Sebastien, looks like my ecu was the problem. He's sending a replacement right away.

I would be pretty annoyed if I wasted a lot of time looking at other things because I was told it couldn't possibly be an issue with their part. Hopefully they learn from this for troubleshooting in the future.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
He didn't say, just that the problems I was experiencing were duplicated when he tested the ecu.
I am sure that this is not the norm, just bad luck on my part to receive a defective unit. Hopefully I can get this sled running and tuned soon and turn this into a Vipec success story.

So , did you get your sled running and tuned , let us know how things worked out .

R

racin_jayson

Sep 19, 2009
Whitehorse YT
We got hit with a wicked cold snap up here so I had about 2 weeks of downtime, but the sled is running good, going to do some tuning this weekend and hopefully be ready to ride soon. So far everything seems ok with the replacement ecu.

R

racin_jayson

Sep 19, 2009
Whitehorse YT
So, a quick update to close out this thread.

Sebastien at Vipec powersports took care of me and replaced my faulty ecu.

I'm no longer having any electronic glitches, so if anyone experiences similar problems to me, the ecu was the culprit.

I have spent a couple of hours on the phone and online with Bryce from Turbo Performance, he has been a HUGE help with teaching me the ins and outs of the VTS software. I highly recommend his services, he always returns my calls, and is extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

My sled is running great, and with a little more fine tuning it will be perfect.

Premium Features