• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Octane booster?

B
Jan 20, 2014
I have a 14 pro with a turbo at 7psi. I typically blend race fuel, but I'm heading on a trip and would have to pack in race fuel to mix with the gas that as available. Is there a good octane booster that anyone has used that would work?

Backcountrypro

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I wouldn't waste money on any type of "octane booster" other than Torco. Some say this stuff is "snake oil" but I have friends who have ran it for years without problems. Do a search on Torco Accelerator. You should be able to buy it online. The friend I had using it was using pump 91 along with Torco in his M8 at 10 lbs of boost.

M

mbccenter

Jan 31, 2012
I wouldn't waste money on any type of "octane booster" other than Torco. Some say this stuff is "snake oil" but I have friends who have ran it for years without problems. Do a search on Torco Accelerator. You should be able to buy it online. The friend I had using it was using pump 91 along with Torco in his M8 at 10 lbs of boost.

Yes the Torco really works. I ran it in a Silber set up at 7psi and 4-5psi at 900'. No issues at all. I have a Car that would detonate on straight 91 oct but add some Torco Accelerator and no more detonation. There is no lead in it also vs other octane boosters.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.torcousa.com/torco_product/un_acce.html

Product Description
Torco Accelerator is not just another fuel additive, It's simply a RACE FUEL CONCENTRATE! With many of the same additives our winning race fuel possesses, Torco Accelerator is a blend of components which will transform the make up of premium pump gas to closely resemble race fuel.

Torco Accelerator will transform the make up of premium pump gas to closely resemble race fuel.

Unleaded Accelerator

Race Fuel Concentrate
$20.95
32 oz. bottle

$8.85
8 oz. bottle

• Can raise the Octane of your fuel as high as 105.
• You can customize your blend to fit your needs.
• Won’t harm sensitive O2 sensors or catalytic converters.
• Available in convenient 32 oz. and 8 oz. bottles.
• Multiple high performance applications -street or race car, motorcycle, watercraft, snowmobile, ATV or UTV, whether carbureted, injected, turbocharged, or supercharged.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So you are looking at about $2.00 per gallon to go from 91 octane up to 100 octane using this additive.

Premium Features