• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

15 Pro Front Idler Wheel ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Has their been many problems with the front Idler wheel bearing and or shafts?
Thought I had a Bearing going bad, took it apart and it appears that the shaft is just a bit to small allowing the bearing to rock, wearing the shaft.
Its either that or the bearings are machined wrong. Tried to order parts and they are all on back order and they have no idea when they will be in.
Makes me wonder if this might be a common problem ?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
When I had mine apart mid winter for ice age bombers I too noticed my wheels were super sloppy on the shaft. Overall machining on that shaft looked like garbage, horrible finishes, etc.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Update

When I had mine apart mid winter for ice age bombers I too noticed my wheels were super sloppy on the shaft. Overall machining on that shaft looked like garbage, horrible finishes, etc.

Parts Came in for mine and the new shaft and bearings are only a little better then the ones being replace ( only because of the paint on the shaft) my dealer is sending the ones they removed back to Polaris, they admit that their seems to be a problem with the shafts being machined wrong and agreed with me that I will be back to have them replaced again.
Like I said before, if it was not for the video I would have not know that their was a problem, at least not until it had got a lot worse. I would invite anyone with a 15 to raise their sled up and push down on the track and check the small front idlers to see if they are loose on the shaft.

Premium Features