• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What exhaust for Polaris RMK 800 PRO?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I got the model 2014 Polaris 800 RMK PRO, bone stock yet, looking to lose some weight by changing the exhaust. I tried searching google and this forum and found no satisfactory answer to my question. There are several companies making exhausts for this sled, which one should I choose? I have a requirement that the exhaust would be very light, with definitely no necessary tuning of the ECU!! I can see there are carbon cans and also titanium, please help me make a good decision.

While I am already writing here maybe someone also has some experience with hooking up led headlights instead of these heavy and mostly useless headlights that come with RMK? I was thinking of putting something like this on the steering bar

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-LED_Bars-Xmitter_Prime_Xtreme_Light_Bar/c1_288_217/index.html

opinions?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
For me it came down to the Aaen and Bikeman pipe. i chose Bikeman, mainly because there's a distributor nearby, so cost was considerably lower.
Power output (via testing by Jim @DTR) was close enough that cost became the deciding factor for me.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
after a lot of searching I found a Diamond S ti lite can, that is advertised at 2.6 lbs!! wow, can this number be trusted? anybody has anything bad to say about this exhaust? Does it lose power on the sled? No re-programming of the ecu/fuel controller blah blah required?

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I put the Diamond S Ti lite can on my 13 Pro, it weighed 2# 15 oz. Runs very well think I actually picked up some RPM. It is loud compared to some. Took over 4 weeks to get it, so if you are in a hurry make sure to call and check availability. I already have a BD box on mine so it was not an issue for me.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
never ran one on a pro but did on an xm and they are light. On the cat they gained 5 horse when dynotech did a report. Diamond s has my vote and will be putting one on a pro this year.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
MBRP trail can all the way. Only expected weight loss but I am sure it gave a bump in HP as it is a bit less restrictive. Some will say no can does that but side by side comparison says so.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I run dynoprt pipe and mbrp can. I had to add 2 grams to the clutching when I added the pipe.
As far as led lighting goes I'm running a similar light to what you posted from cyclops
It was easy to install and it came with everything needed for installation. I welded a piece of aluminium to the cross bar and then mounted it to that.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Skinz super q here. Quiet enough below 6000 rpm to roll thru anywhere to keep the noise down, makes a lot of noise up top though. Very light high quality welds and ceramic coating.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Really surprized with the Twin Core from Aaen for noise. Mechanics ears lol, decibel tool can't tell much difference from and SLP (probably the quietest).

Only rap raaapin in a shop though. Might get a road ride in on the weekend but it's still hunting season around here.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
RE:pro exhaust options

We are looking at stocking the Diamond-S cans as they offer some of the best weight saving opportunity you can get.
My initial impression based on a 500yd.lap around my shop in 12"of snow is that they are extremely quiet and should stay that way as there is no packing to burnout of the inside

Premium Features