• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Option for Backing Up with Scratchers than the Stockers

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
We have the new Patent pending Ice Storm reversible scratchers by Over The Top Performance.

You get the strength and pressure of a wire torsion spring scratcher with the ability to be able to back up your snowmobile. These will be going on my Pro this week and I will remove my stock bent ones that got bent from backing up.

In stock and ready to ship. Order here: Go Big Parts and Accessories, LLC :: Snowmobile Products :: Rear Suspension :: Ice Scratcher devices :: ICE STORM REVERSIBLE SCRATCHER BY OVER THE TOP PERFORMANCE

Reversible%202.JPG

Forward%20Position.JPG

Reverse%20Position.JPG

Parked%20Position.JPG

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I like the idea but I still see it being a problem if it catches on anything. It will bend that wire just like the stock ones. Maybe Im wrong...

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting design change off the original. Bet that helps keep them from twisting.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I like the idea but I still see it being a problem if it catches on anything. It will bend that wire just like the stock ones. Maybe Im wrong...

So they have over 1600 pairs sold with out breakage. I have backed up one time with my stockers and they were all bent up. So I can backup with these down and not bend them. The likely hood of them catching on something with this design is not great. It would have to be somthing that ramp would not go over. I would say for all the times I can backup without it catching on something makes it worth it.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
How does these work on ice? Dont look like they will rip as good as the stock.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
These cable type sctratchers are JUNK. I have a few Buddies that have HAD them and they all break at the end and are useless.

I disagree. I have had Slidekicks on 3 of my past sleds and they work great and still have the original ends on them. Yes it is time for new ends but I have never had anything break on them. Im not trying to debate which is better. I was just giving my opinion on the product at first glance. These probably work great. You addressed what I thought would be the problem. I thought with the solid wire when backing it may catch on something that the ramp cant get over and end up bending them anyway. If they havent had a failure yet that is great. I was just giving my .02.

zimms

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
I wonder if you can get that same piece that attaches to the tunnel for the sidekicks?

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Thanks for reminding me I have reverse, forgot.
How about everyone remember to lift your stock ones up. :face-icon-small-win
Just an idea.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Thanks for reminding me I have reverse, forgot.
How about everyone remember to lift your stock ones up. :face-icon-small-win
Just an idea.
Every stock pair I've ever bent up was from an unintentional backing up. We have horrid ice chutes of trails, usually one sled wide, up here to get to our riding spots. If there hasn't been fresh snow for a few days it gets glazed over pretty good and getting halfway up and sliding down backwards is a common thing.

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Every stock pair I've ever bent up was from an unintentional backing up. We have horrid ice chutes of trails, usually one sled wide, up here to get to our riding spots. If there hasn't been fresh snow for a few days it gets glazed over pretty good and getting halfway up and sliding down backwards is a common thing.

This is a valid point. I made it one season somehow without bending mine, as the few times I forgot and backed up it was in soft enough snow and didn't cause a problem. Next time around I will look at these though.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I have these and they work extremely well. No problems reversing and very obviously kicking more up than stockers.

Only complaint is they don't really like to stay up on the rails they're constantly coming off the rails when playing off the trail.

hiwayman

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Glencoe MN
My problem is if I do remember to put them up before backing, they seem to break the tip off the spring anyway. I've went thru 3 sets on my 011 pro in 1500 miles. These look great, but how fast will they wear? They look aluminum?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My problem is if I do remember to put them up before backing, they seem to break the tip off the spring anyway. I've went thru 3 sets on my 011 pro in 1500 miles. These look great, but how fast will they wear? They look aluminum?

The tips are stainless steel. They also come with eye hooks you can use as hangers in case you have problems with them falling off the rails.

Premium Features