• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Can't put it back to stock without an ECU. It's shipped already. Justin told me over the phone it went ground "Same day that we got it" Which would actually mean it was shipped out monday but I doubt it was shipped until tuesday.

This is what I was afraid of when I pulled the trigger this late in the game. Effin stupid. Should have openly suggested shipping 2nd day earlier in the week I guess...

Oh and UPS doesn't deliver saturdays around here
You're umpteenth person I've heard have issues this year with silber. They swear up and down how their customer service is top notch now and their install is simple and etc etc. But I've heard people complain one thing after another on their kits this year. My sidekick showed up in 3 days and installed in 4 hours. And haven't missed a single day of riding. Whether it be shipping time, install or issues; it has been FLAWLESS. Beyond impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing silber. The only thing they could have done better is not guarantee it back in the same week or offer to pay overnight or 2nd day shipping. Justin has been very good on the phone and helpful as has Boston racing. In fact Boston took 45 minutes of his time talking to me on the phone the first time we spoke. Install was very straight forward and it's a CLEAN system. My only complaint there is that the turbo does ride against the side panel which I wasn't real tickled with. I'll wait to ride it before I try to testify on performance.
6527f5d14e5a5bbb4be5421812782c83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hey what muffler is that ??
it looks different than the others i have seen online
maybe its a quieter version ?

i hope so
good luck man hopefully it'll show up soon
also can you play with the intake or charge tube to make more clearance on the panel ?
i know on my pro i took extra time to fit everything perfect
little adjustments made the difference
where you at in OR ?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
hey what muffler is that ??

it looks different than the others i have seen online

maybe its a quieter version ?

i hope so

good luck man hopefully it'll show up soon

also can you play with the intake or charge tube to make more clearance on the panel ?

i know on my pro i took extra time to fit everything perfect

little adjustments made the difference

where you at in OR ?

Pretty much governed by the outlet of the pipe. I'm going to look at maybe trying to clock the compressor housing but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Prairie city. You?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
No real difference in the two, just there is two different ones out there.

Sound is about the same. I have heard of one having those screws/bolts back out so please keep an eye on that just in case.

I am guessing your BOV is touching and like you said you may be able to roll the compressor.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Sorry to hear on shipping, For me I always spend the extra $ and ship overnight or 2nd day. I never trust ground as well and I do not get weekend deliveries either.

Pray you get it soon and enjoy what is left of your winter!

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
No real difference in the two, just there is two different ones out there.

Sound is about the same. I have heard of one having those screws/bolts back out so please keep an eye on that just in case.

I am guessing your BOV is touching and like you said you may be able to roll the compressor.

These have the bolts but I did notice that they were tack welded. So hopefully that is good!

What's the reason for there being two separate ones?

Sorry to hear on shipping, For me I always spend the extra $ and ship overnight or 2nd day. I never trust ground as well and I do not get weekend deliveries either.

Pray you get it soon and enjoy what is left of your winter!

I definitely, in hindsight would have offered to pay the difference and had him 2nd day or overnight it, but by the way things sounded of how confident he was that it would be back here by friday, I assumed he was already sending it second day. Live and learn. Just hope this snow hangs around long enough to get a ride or two in. Next weekend I have to be gone, so that puts me two weeks out from riding unless I can possibly slip a quick one in sunday afternoon next weekend.

Well it's confirmed, Justin sent me the tracking number. Went ground on tuesday and won't be here til monday. God, I sound like a spoiled little brat right now. There are much worse things I could have to worry about I suppose :face-icon-small-hap

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ya I feel you for sure and I myself would not be happy either but it definitely is what it is!

Not sure I have a perfect answer to why there is two other than there was a few different ones made during the testing phase of this kit. These two worked well and were both consistent. Guessing with demand, supply had to be met and had material/parts to build both.

A quieter muffler design is being looked at, the current one did not work out as hoped but others are being looked at.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
"loud pipes save lives" :)

At least I'm in an area that I RARELY see anybody else and if I do, I normally know who it is so loud pipes aren't really an issue.

Ha! ya it is not quiet but I have heard canned sleds that are louder... Definitely a healthy sound!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Since you are talking about ECU's. This discussion came up yesterday. A couple buddies have Silber kits. They run clean but feel like maybe they are rich in some areas. Not bog or fall on your face rich, just a little clean up needed.

How do you guys address that? Your ECU is flashed, and you have what you have? Can you log with the BullyDog and have your map adjusted? How are situations like this addressed?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Since you are talking about ECU's. This discussion came up yesterday. A couple buddies have Silber kits. They run clean but feel like maybe they are rich in some areas. Not bog or fall on your face rich, just a little clean up needed.

How do you guys address that? Your ECU is flashed, and you have what you have? Can you log with the BullyDog and have your map adjusted? How are situations like this addressed?

He just finished a update tune which pulls a little a timing and also cleans up the over all fuel map. I just received it back and will be running it all next week to see how it does compared to my last map (Which I loved).

Any fueling issues can be addressed with Justin but may already be done. He is constantly going out testing and looking for the best overall mapping, also running dyno pulls as well but of course it is hard to get it spot on for all elevations but from what I have seen is it is very close and I have had zero issues so far.

Also with the mapping the oil is raised for higher elevation vs the stock mapping decreases oil at higher elevation/baro

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Hate to tell you this, but Install an aftermarket turbo and tuner on your truck and I bet warranty gets denied. And when your drivetrain wears (bad bearing or not) Polaris (or any other manufacturer) is going to blame it on excessive drivetrain wear caused by your mods.

The manufacturers look for anything and everything to avoid covering a warranty issue, whether its automotive or powersports (I have experience in both).

We're taking machines that came from the factory with less than 150hp (Myself included, as I have a Silber kit on my Pro) and boosting them to 200hp plus. Why should that be warrantied?

There is no way a tuner is going to get the entire warranty voided. mods directly affecting the failed part, yes. The entire warranty for the rest of the vehicle, not even close. I worked in car dealerships for 12 years, so I got to see what did and didn't happen.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

Sled head! Bet your loving your set up... I was worried bout shipping making by Friday to me in Washington and it was there right when they said. I got three rides on mine with it set on 5 lbs and it's awesome and flawless. Bottom end is great and sled runs awesome.i love the clutching it feels better than stock and I talked to my buddy that has a pro with the kit. He runs his belt so tight right before it sqweels and has 500 mils on his belt still going strong

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
Prairie city. You? down in the southern corner
Medford area opposite ends ha ha
i've ridden up there some Joseph and around
still never made it to halfway
anyway :focus: :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features