• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twisted or Boondocker

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
I'm looking at some used sleds. Given the same sled (2 stroke), which turbo would you prefer to have?

Why? Availability? Reliability? Customer service?

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
There's has been one of these threads started about once a month or more since the beginning of turbo kits. Do a search in the turbo section of the sled model your inquiring about. You'll find more info than you can read.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
My opinion fwiw. We are removing a twisted kit on a 13 cat right now and replacing it with a speedwerx supercharger. The "kits" are more of a one off design, and are pretty cobbled together. The customer tried making this sled work for two years without success. I also have a 12 boondocker cat, which is for sale BTW. It had about 3200 miles, 1800 boosted. The kit install nicely, and I have never had any troubles with it, other than a brown compressor wheel when brand new, which they overnighted me at no charge. The boondockers don't make the most power of all, but I think they are the nicest design and most reliable, and probably sell double of all other companies.

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
Good! From what I gather here only, it's one man's opinion vs another. I understand someone might have a problem with one while another has a problem with the other. That's ok. I just want to make sure both are valid kits.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I've had OVS, TWISTED and BOONDOCKER. Boondocker has been the best, by far based on consistency, install and support..... For Raw power.... Twisted won with the 2876..... But response was horrible.

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
I've had OVS, TWISTED and BOONDOCKER. Boondocker has been the best, by far based on consistency, install and support..... For Raw power.... Twisted won with the 2876..... But response was horrible.

That's great info. Thank you! You may have just helped me make my mind up. There is tons of info on the turbo forum, but this kind of info is exactly what I was looking for.

Premium Features