• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new ride questions

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
If you're thinking about a leftover 2015 Polaris,they're offering 3 year extended warranty plus $1400 rebate or $2000 and 1 year warranty in the US.I'd take the 3 year warranty over $600 more off list price.Not sure if it's the same offer in Canada.
If you buy a used Polaris with extended warranty make sure paperwork is filled out transferring warranty to you Law of averages say's a small percentage will have issues.Warranty covered my 11 motor at 3.5 years.$50 deductible and new crate motor installed.

D
Nov 30, 2007
Ive found a 14 Assault 800 155, i know nothing about these, well actually i kn ow very little about polaris sleds in general, but anyways whats the down and dirty on these? Supposed to be a better boondocking sled? I havent seen it yet as i am out of town till next week, i assume they have a 2 inch track?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Ive found a 14 Assault 800 155, i know nothing about these, well actually i kn ow very little about polaris sleds in general, but anyways whats the down and dirty on these? Supposed to be a better boondocking sled? I havent seen it yet as i am out of town till next week, i assume they have a 2 inch track?

The assault will still handle pretty good. It's got a little bit wider front end compared to the pro, so you will lose a little maneuverability. It's going to have a traditional chaincase instead of the belt drive. The shocks will be better (unless you find a '15 with the WE clicker shocks) the track is likely a different one than the pro - it'll be a 2.125 inch competition track, which is stiffer and tends to trench more in deep powder. I'm not 100% sure, but the chassis may have some extra bracing compared to the pro, since it is made mainly for hillclimb racing

Premium Features