• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After a LOOONG summer, its VIPER TIME

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Man, this summer was loooog and short at the same time.
Seems like it started 6 months ago, but it also blasted by faster than any summer I can recall recently.

But its just about time to clear the garage and bring in the VIPER and start working on her for the upcoming season!

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
For me a new MCX exhaust, front suspension and skid plate. I already replace rails with iceage bomber and reinforced them. To top it off last night I had my first deep powder blue skis snowmobile dream. It was awesome up until the baby started to cry.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Mine has been pretty much scraped since I bought it the end of June. Just picking at it all summer... And like you said, It feels like its been summer for sooooo looooonggg.. I guess not riding at all last year isn't helping either. Most of my parts are starting to come in now, lots of work next days off! Then, Bring on Winter!!

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
10fca1d9307e8f84f2735b41324304e5.jpg

Dad sent me this in the morning. Looks like snow season has begun!! And like an open weekend is need!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
After the handful of rides last year I think I'm just going to replace my torn sock on the turbo intake and ride the hell out of it this year. I might throw some grippers on it if I decide I hate the skis.

Oh right, also going to replace the joke of a bushing in the steering post as well.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Not much needed to do ona Yamaha after a season of riding. I drug the old RX1 out of the shed, had to jump start it took it to the drags with a a year old gas in it and placed 3rd. There was still cobwebs under the hood.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Not much needed to do ona Yamaha after a season of riding. I drug the old RX1 out of the shed, had to jump start it took it to the drags with a a year old gas in it and placed 3rd. There was still cobwebs under the hood.

Haha That's awesome!

You would think there isn't much to do..
I bought my 2015 MTX 153 used, it has about 1400km on it. When I got it home I realized the track was super loose and it was adjusted back as far as it would go. The aftermarket rails were too short, so they sent me some new ones. The front aftermarket shocks he bought for it was originally made for a XTX 42 inch stance, I put those on my wifes XTX Viper and I bought some floats for the MTX. He had an air box mod done that I wasn't a huge fan of.. So I replaced it with a new bottom half. A piece of the bulb from the HID lights came off inside the head light.. had to haul that apart and fish it out. There is basically no coolant left in the sled, gonna top that up.. It has XTX or some kind of trail gearing in it, that's getting replaced with stock gearing.. He had a cold start issue last year so I bought a block heater/inline coolant heater to install on my next days off. It probably needs an oil change as the air box was full of oil.. Which leads me to think I should also buy a rollover kit... oh and I just put a heated shield cord on it... and that's about it.

I also want to install a reverse kit and new track on my SRX, my VK needs some attention.. and my wife needs a few odds and ends put on her sled..

I only put about 200km on my SRX last year as I was busy all winter trying to set up a business...

I'm almost ready to crack I want winter so bad now. :whistle: ps. sorry for the novel. haha.

Premium Features