• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Wifes 06 RMK 700 Build!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Hey Sean - alittle birdie also told me she can outride your A$$!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
(I could us a few of those mods you have if - I mean when - ya trash the sleds again):D:D:D:eek:

But seriously awesome job on both sleds!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I had your mechanic skills (I'll keep my riding skills though):p:p:p

LOL...thanks for the comments JOE...haha..

i have to have mechanic skills...the way i go through things, lol...no wonder i have a torn ACL..i break everything...

thats why i try and make them so pretty, so i can ruin all my hard work..just to give me something to do when i am off, lol..

you getting out much Joe...drop me an email..:beer;:beer;:beer;

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Another super build, AWESOME! Hell, if I had that sitting in the garage, I wouldn't feel so bad about the boboo on your 9!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Another super build, AWESOME! Hell, if I had that sitting in the garage, I wouldn't feel so bad about the boboo on your 9!

LOL..

yeh well i wouldnt feel bad either, but she wont let me ride it!! I cant figure out why ;)

but seriously..she wont let me ride it :D:beer;

Thanks for the kind words on the sled...i cant leave anything alone..:cool:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT for the wifes ride....

only thing i have added since this is..

-AMP billet gas cap...cause we all need that ;)
-6 Billet idler wheels

been awesome all season, minus a short in the tether and the boondocker box ground breaking...both caused the same bogging issue...

love this sled...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Did the Boondocker give a noticeable amount of added power? What are the benefits/downfalls of the box?

No sir..

i got the box for SUPER CHEAP...and i wanted to get EGT gauges for both sleds and just fine tune them both with the boxes...but i have not got the gauges yet..them babies are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, lol...

as for a downfall...theboxes can cause a nightmare bogging issue if the box ground comes loose like hers did, or the injector wiring gets snagged on something and breaks...its a b!tch to find the issue, lol....but overall nice option to have around..

but other then fine tuning, the boxes do nothing... ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Another excellent trouble free season on the wifes sled..my buddies seemed to have rode it more then she did this year...but that means i at least got to go ride, lol..

a few plans for this baby this summer if i can find the time/$$..

red lined tunnel, custom skuff plates from polzinhunter, new torsion springs, trying to get her to get a rider select delete kit from kreg but she wont budge..YET, lol...new 09 IQ center console, powder coat the skid rails red, and install the electric start for the little wifey ;)

i am also getting her a BOSS seat..thanks to skisucca for letting her sit on his boss seat, now thats all i hear about, hahaha!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well...

got her a highrise BOSS Seat...(not fully mounted in pic)...

and bare with me as i say this......ahem...

the wife wants me to change her sled to BLACK/PINK..and not just pink...HOT pink..OMG!!

so...when i get time...if ever ;) here is the too list..

--install electric start kit
--send in primary for balance
--black tunnel (will use POR-15)
--custom skuff plate with cute little stars on them :face-icon-small-dis, with a pink backround plate like my 05 900
--if i can sell her rails, 8" wheels and freedom axle, i will get her new pink 8" wheels from MMP, straight axle (i have already), Ice Age 159 rails
--powder coat rails pink
--powder coat her rear SKINZ bumper pink and red stock bumper pink
--powder coat her handlebars pink
--powder coat her A-Arms and 09 sway bar pink
--powder coat her gas rack pink

i cant believe i just said all that...in pink....but what can i say...i spend lots of money on sled parts and have no say if she wants something for her sled, lol.. :brokenheart:

--i will just sand teh red off her hood and spray it black primer, and eventually she wants to get a girly pink hood wrap...

IMG_20101018_175440.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
and just realized i have to do something with the belt cover, recoil housing, clutch faces and hand guards...but think i have a plan...

--switch out the red seconday with my black off my 05 one and do the black one in pink since its scratched up anyways..
--^^ same with belt cover
--^^same with recoil housing
--switch her red handguards with my black ones on my 05
--switch her red HOLZ arms with some 09 arms..im putting the Zbroz from my 05, on my 06..so will have the Holz on my 05, and she can have some pink 09 dragon stock arms ;)

this is looking better for me after all, lol...the all black is getting too common these days...so ill throw some red on my 900, and she can have my black stuff and change it, lol..

S
Feb 10, 2009
Montana
Well I am happy to hear that you have admitted to letting me do my sled PINK and BLACK! :cheer2:

And yes I want hot pink and stars! My sled is going to look sick. I want to do something different and girly but still make it look badass!!!! :dance:

And u have it right....u cant tell me no cuz of all the stuff u buy for the other two sleds...and damn right i wont let u ride my sled. hahahaaa! :lol: I gotta protect it.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
HAHA you guys are funny ! I think You may want change you mind on the red CC cover. I think you will want to leave it natural.

I think you should hold out for billet suspension too!:devil: and you will hurt my feelers if you dont put An RS Delete kit on it.:D I'll make sure you have HOT PINKstars too. Sean knows he likes It!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
where to start.

installed her 159 tipped up Ice Age rails, installed skid...then was about to install the 09 a-arms and sway bar on her sled, along with clutch and boss seat, do track alignment/tension and ski alignment and be ALL done with hers..

and gues what i see laying UNDER he secondary clutch in the corner...

THE F-ING compfusion motor mount puck....SH1T!! the damn MAG side front motor mount bolt either snapped in the engine case AGAIN, or it rattled out....bolt is no where to be found as of yet...

we are leaving out of town on fri Dec 17th, stopping in Big Sky, MT for some snowboarding, then off to utah till the 26th for xmas and snowmobiling...

i work a 24hr shift at the Fire Dept on sunday/tues/thurs...so this leave me with Mon/wed to get the motor out, bolt issue fixed and motor back in and ready to go by fri.

i was gonna try and have my sled (06 900) finsihed sunday at work ;) and go for a test ride on wed and make sure all is well..so doesnt look like i will be able to do it now and will be chancing it in utah....

seems like an exact repeat to lasts years BS...AND the year before...ALWAYS the last week before we leave for utah, something happens thats not exspected..

stress was gone until now...and its higher then ever now!!

FML!!!!!!!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Give sled once over at end of season including greasing everything and checking for damage and missing stuff. Gives you more time to fix it, and parts are cheaper in the spring and summer:face-icon-small-ton

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
lol,

the last 2 yrs, i have pulled the motors just to clean them up and go through stuff, but didnt this year cause i was too busy..

i was going to install her electric start kit this summer, and my 900s took WAY longer then exspected, so was gonna wait till after xmas to pull it and install it then...but cant take the chance now...

not sure what i will do at this point..lots to do do the sleds, and more to other things outside of sleddding..so may not be able to even bring them with me.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Do wifes sled first next time.:face-icon-small-ton

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Wow, that is crazy... I hate it when things come up last minute like that...

Good luck Sean:beer;

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Hey, where are you going in Utah? I may have to get off my Ars and put mine together and go meet you up there.

Premium Features