• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m925 turbo help

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Just got it installed and tried to run it in the shop before i put it away for the summer. I baught it from a friend for a good deal but i thik there might be something wrong with the boondocker box or my wireing. Its an older m7 racegas kit but ive modded it to fit a m8. I have the updated wireing for the fuel pump and acc tie in. But as boost starts to come in it sputters and wont rev out. Wich is about the same thing he had with it but it was thought he didnt have enough power to run the aux injectors. He could run about 5 psi with it but me needing fuel already being a bb, what do you all think? Any thing to look at would be great. Also were do i get a ac power source for the fuel booster board from bd?

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
isn't the fuel load pretty light regardless on the stand..making the bigbore extra fuel requirements somewhat not relevant unless under heavier resistant track load..??

would it make an attempt to rev out more with the belt off..??

could you try spraying some fuel into the intake at the spot it is giving you a sputter and if she wants to rev out more you know then its a fuel or fuel electrical issue..??

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Well after playing with it for a few days and trying different things. If i plug the aux power in to the box it runs like crap. but without it plugged in it runs smooth and revs up and boosts nice other than its running lean because the lack of fuel. But with the aux plugged in when i check the aux injectors with the m2o botton on the box it floods even with only 1 point in the n20 setting it floods. Any ideas? Or is it time to send the box off? I was told that they can reflash my newer n2o box and rework it for boost and just buy a boost wire harness for the box. Think thats what im going to do rather than mess with a old box and injector controls. With my other box on it runs awsome just cant add more fuel for boost.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Does any one know were to plug the fuel booster baord into on an 2008 m8? The aux plug by the steering hoop is 12v not ac power to make the board ramp up with rpm. Or should i just use the high volume fuel pump with my kit? I did a search and can find what i need.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
The booster circuit was designed for the 09+ AC setup... With this setup the stock fuel pump flow was increased by supplying increased voltage.

For the 08 with constant DC voltage you need to upgrade the fuel pump and wiring.

You can't tune a turbo on a shop stand, go tear up a field like the rest of us during the summer... :cheer2:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
So you can use rkt ported cylinders with a turbo and it works good? Just asking I thought ported cylinders did work very well with boost? Unless they were ported for a turbo

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Ya i was just trying to see if it was all working correctly before i put it away, and tune in the fall when snow falls. Kelsey didn't mention any thing about porting but i'll ask when i talk to him next. All he said is that my head needs changeing to a turbo head. Going 12-1 so i can do 50/50 at 10 psi and pump at 6-8 psi. Starting to get it figured out just need to hook up the old style in tank high volume fuel pump. Just need to know how the best way to power it is.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Use the accessory plug to power the fuel pump.
Use the OEM fuel pump wiring to power your oil pump

Some of the early m7 kits were real "winners", How old is this kit?

What turbo? (matters for your big bore requirements)
Single intake pump only? (good)
What FPR?
4 injectors?
Are you using the bd box from the m7?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I'm just curios as I just picked up a m8 and can buy a used rkt 925 kit so I'm keeping an eye on all info I can get.turbo sizing and what not it would be nice to have a oil less turbo for the weight savings.I hear there are some out there now just need to find out if one is suitable for this project

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
It is a 4 injector race gas kit. It has a high flow in tank fuel pump that fits the stock houseing. It has a oil pump that goes were the stock oil pump went wich is fine because i use an oil delete any way. FPR i think you are asking fuel presure reg is stock one with a peice off the end but i also have a bdx one that i could use from my BB. As for the box i was gona use the one from the original m7 kit but its messed and is not fireing the aux injectors properly that was the first issue i had with it. So im sending off my 13 rpm box for a reflash and modding and getting a new injector harness with it. Size if turbo im not posative but i think its a 2860 but ill find out for sure, it has a 14 psi waste gate on it from new. I can get the fuel pump number and reply back. Thanks for the info so far.

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Turbo is a 2860rs part number739548 5001 and the fuel pump is a walbro f200000110 it has a machined aluminum end on it to fit the suction but other than that its the same as a stock pump but it is 190 ltr/hr at 72.5 psi with 13v 5.8 amps. Kit is i dont know how old 08 up for sure and it was updated in 11 before my buddy got it.

Last edited:
M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
It is all figured out. With there not being ac the booster board just adds extra power to the pump so i use the bigger pump with the booster board plugged in to dc and its all good. Thanks all for the help. And if you have any more advice ill listen.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I wanted to update this thread with some info I just learned from BD yesterday.. There is such a wealth of info on this site, just need OP's to follow up and let us all know what the solution was and why.
Boondocker says the booster board will work on the dc sleds, it just hooks up to the dc acc plug and delivers some additional amperage to run the high flow pumps. The fuel booster board raises the voltage on the ac sleds which is required if running a stock pump to trick and flow more volume. Boondockers doesn't know much about the max flow or voltage this board is good for, of the max boost this pump is good for. The engineer that made the board and many of their products is no longer with them, so they cant answer technical q's about the products they sell..

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Never heard of that kit got any pictures of what your trying to do? i would think it should go on with out motor removal in fact if you have to remove the motor to put it on it will probably not go back in> Pictures.

Premium Features