• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP!! 01 rmk 800 backfire

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
It wont even idle it will backfire and kill itself. I have tried everything mains pilots needles stator tests fine new flywheel it does it with choke on and off i have cleaned the carbs (tm400) need help!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
It wont even idle it will backfire and kill itself. I have tried everything mains pilots needles stator tests fine new flywheel it does it with choke on and off i have cleaned the carbs (tm400) need help!
pull the carbs and inspect your reeds and boots, might have chipped broken pedals or ripped boots......also check compression....

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
I put new reeds in it and it has 120 comp. the motor was just rebuilt before i bought it

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
did you try a cdi? I have a few lf them if you want to try one. I am not sure I will give you a good deal, pm me

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
I put another ecm on it. Unless this ecm is bad too... Carb boots also look fine. I have another wiring harnnes im going to put on it because the one on it has a few wires that are questionable

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana

Yep! You most certainly do. Good luck with this one. I will be watching "closely"....:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features