• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo install questions.

K
Nov 28, 2016
Installing my silber turbo on my 17 axys. In the video they had me pull the coolant line on the clutch side where the like 8 inch line runs from the top of the jug up by the head and runs down to the bottom of the motor what goes back on the one up by the head and what goes on the one down by the bottom of the motor? And what line plugs into the connected right down by the throttle bodies where the old line ran from the coolant bottle? I've re watched the videos not a 100% sure

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
On the center section of the turbo there are two coolant lines. One goes to the head where you pulled the line going to the throttle bodies. The second one on the turbo goes to the coolant bottle. Did you download the install directions from Silbers web site?

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
As mentioned above there are 2 water fittings on the turbo. The one on the turbo towards the front of the sled goes to the bottle. The one on the rear goes to the head. The lines used to go from the bottle to the throttle bodies(to keep them from freezing up)and up to the head. Apparently the air from the turbo is warm enough to not let the throttle bodies freeze up so you do not need that line anymore.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Correct as stated above. No lines to the throttle bodies any more. I left coolant in the throttle body and used rubber caps to seal of from any debris getting in. Pine needles, tree moss debris, belt dust, lace panty shrapnel, you know the usual stuff. The oil T I'm thinking would work better being a Y fitting. The inline oil line is fine but the other is only getting the extra head psi. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to distribute the oil a little more evenly.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Installing my silber turbo on my 17 axys. In the video they had me pull the coolant line on the clutch side where the like 8 inch line runs from the top of the jug up by the head and runs down to the bottom of the motor what goes back on the one up by the head and what goes on the one down by the bottom of the motor? And what line plugs into the connected right down by the throttle bodies where the old line ran from the coolant bottle? I've re watched the videos not a 100% sure

Yup part of it didn't make it to the Vid. Only 2 hoses get removed. Throttle body to head and the bottle to throttle body. Turbo installed. Facing you, Outer turbo coolant line goes to the bottle. The inner coolant line goes to head on clutch side.

Premium Features