• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel pump issue

W
Nov 24, 2012
Regina, SK
I have a 2012 pro rmk with a boondocker turbo and over the summer I put new motor mounts in it. I now have it back together and when I try to start it, it fires and dies. I put power to the fuel pump prime plug and it pulses once and that's it. So i unplugged the fuel pump at the connector and put power directly to it and it runs like it should. I've looked online to try and find what controls power to the fuel pump but can't find anything. Was wondering if anyone has had this issue or if anyone knows the cause, it would be much appreciated as I'm supposed to be heading to BC in a week.

Thanks!

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
The primer connector is direct power to the fuel pump. There is a couple of splices in the prime circuit that could be a problem or the connector at the fuel pump could have bad terminal connections or a wire that is broke. I attached a PDF of the wiring diagram that should help you trace it out. Check for good power at the fuel pump plug when you have power on the primer connector.

Attachments

• Polaris Pro-Ride 2012 wiring.pdf
    283.5 KB · Views: 72

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
As madbird said... the power from the prime plug goes directly to the pump through the splices... if the prime isn't working, a good indication that there is an issue with the wiring at the splices because you've said it works when you jumper directly to the pump.

The pump wires brown/Yellow (-) and Red (+) are the splice colors.... The ECU controls the (-) side of the Pump and Red remains powered up all the time.

Last edited:
Premium Features