• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats a better fuel control box? 2007 d7

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
hello all
I am working on reassembly of my 07 d7 running a boondocker style turbo setup. I have the option of running pure logic or a boondocker controller. I like that the boondocker has a legit screen on it. but the pure logic seems to have its pluses too. but I have heard good and bad about both. Id love to hear some real world input on the subject

any input would be great
Thanks
Damen

Last edited:

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
I have the boondocker box on my D7. But i haven't tried anything else.
The dobeck boxes are probably only as good as the base tune your adjusting from. As you can't adjust as much as the boondocker.

The step up i have considered is power commander. It will have the ability to adjust for attitude. Power commander has android phone software now for tuning as well.
Redline fuel controller i think can also do a setup. Not sure about how it's tuned at all.

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
thats kinda what I thought too.
As with the pure logic your taking the base tune on faith. and I find the blinking leds are a P.I.A to read when your on the throttle looking at boost and A.F.R. but with the boondocker box you got a screen that you know exactly what your playing with. not trying to remember what led combos mean what range.

thanks I think I will toss the boondocker I can get on it. base tunes seem much better. and I am not to thrilled with the pure logic as I never have received a call back from them about checking the base map installed in mine.

Premium Features