• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber AXYS kit Boost Levels

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I ran the non-inter-cooled Silber kit on my Axys RMK last season with the pre-set 7lbs waste gate spring.

Has anyone changed the waste gate springs to get higher boost levels. I asked Silber last year and the response was no being that everyone has been happy with 7lbs. Looking at the turbo smart waste gate spring rates the next option above 7 is 10.

I agree with Silber that 7lbs the thing runs awesome and honestly is all I need. Me being me I'm always looking for more even though I don't need more. I'm concerned that using the stock injectors wont be able flow the fuel required for 10+ lbs of boost. If anyone has tried or knows please share. Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I think the stock injectors are good to 12 psi, Maybe Corey can answer that. You may want to install a gauge and see where you actually are as you turn it up. You could add a manual boost controller and go up from there.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
If you're ever concerned about maxing out injectors, or would like to see how hard you're working them, hook up a multimeter and check IDC to be sure.

Premium Features