• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product Announcement: 2016 Silber Turbos Axys kit

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
On my old wrx there was a very notable amount of turbo lag with an atmospheric dump valve.
Went back to the recirc and loved the hit.

Its just wasted boost with a "cool" sound.

With a car your not on and off the throttle constantly like a backcountry sled though.

Huh surprised it would help that much, does it actually pressurize the intake? Just seems counter predictive to me

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
With a car your not on and off the throttle constantly like a backcountry sled though.

Huh surprised it would help that much, does it actually pressurize the intake? Just seems counter predictive to me

On and off the throttle every shift.
Especially drifting some winding back roads. :)
The car has alot of torque and a strong exhaust pulse so the lag is minimized, compared to the small sled motor.

Being on and off the throttle alot will make the benefits of the recirculating bov more pronounced.

Just my experience with 4-5 different turbo rigs.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
What happened with the self lubricating turbos? Does lubricating the turbo from the injector oil have similar longevity results in the end?

JACKAL

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Wenatchee
Will the water to air intercooler option be a retro fit for the 2014 & 15 Pro Kits?
I would be interested in buying one if they are.

Last edited:
J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
There is plenty of validation for you to ask that question. I too would like to know..... Seems like there are a lot of sliber kits for sale.

I've owned OVS, twisted, Evo, boondocker kits. Never considered the silber stuff due to use of cheap components they used a couple years ago. Heard a lot of bad things about bad turbos....... And I'm really not a fan of the Dobec box but look like they got away from that recently.
Slober turbo is what they call them up here. Sounds like they've improved over the last few years though.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
yeah Corey can you tell us more about the copper line
where does it feed into ? would it be an option to add that feature
to my 14 kit ? i really like the ideal of extra injector oil hitting the reeds
:face-icon-small-hap

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Slober turbo is what they call them up here. Sounds like they've improved over the last few years though.

I've seen Silber Turbos work very well from Alberta riding in BC... I've seen some with issues as well... However I've seen CDN manufactures turbo not work so good and really good! Same goes with all...

But ya this appears to be a beautiful kit IMHO...

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
Guy I am super exited about the new silber turbo kits for the axys after seeing the kit on the new axys at haydays I was sold. Super clean kit and simple I just ordered my kit today and added the water to air intercooler. I will post a build when turbo kit comes

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Guy I am super exited about the new silber turbo kits for the axys after seeing the kit on the new axys at haydays I was sold. Super clean kit and simple I just ordered my kit today and added the water to air intercooler. I will post a build when turbo kit comes

55da659573fb796fcc622f4ad15102ae.jpg

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Corey do you have a pic of your guys new W/A airbox by itself and/or on the sled? Curious what it looks like

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Rode a buddies kit (the newest Silber kit with the ECU reflash) that was just put on a 2015 Pro last weekend.

I have to say...the sled ran impressively and there was very little turbo lag down low.

Running straight 91 non-ethanol around 6-7lbs boost.

It sure makes doing a re-entry while going uphill easier...the sled wants to point the nose towards the sky while on boost!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
My kit came in last night and am super impressed with how well this kit was thought out. Simplistic yet sophisticated, gorgeous design and install will be a snap.

So clean!!

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I sure wish I could get mine! Starting to wonder if they cost less because you'll only have it for half the season. Very tempted to just get a Boondocker even though I know this is a nicer kit. :frusty:

Hitman450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2010
Belle Fourche, S.D
So do these kits come with bigger injectors to replace the stock injectors? Just curious cause I'm sure the stock injectors duty cycle would be maxed out with anything over 8 pounds of boost?

Kounkel

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2011
NW Iowa
These new kits flat out rip! I got to spend some time on one today and wow, it was ridiculous! Now I just can't wait to get mine put on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

assault66

Lifetime Membership
Apr 30, 2009
i am running a silber kit on my 14 pro with the ecu flash. running 8-15lbs on av gas and the thing has been flawless for 1400 miles now. can't wait to get the kit on my axys.

Premium Features