• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

options for a 07 d7 turbo? motor mounts and oil pump

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
Hello all,
After a long search I finally found a new engine for my d7. (that was not a used motor for the same price as a new indy dan motor.....) As I am going back together I am doing it right and replacing anything questionable and what took out my old motor was the lh engine mounting strap had snapped and the P.O. just rode it until it blew a belt at full pull blowing the crank into multiple pieces.
So I am replacing motor mounts for that reason, which Durometer rubber mounts work best, I am running torque limiters on it.

And number two the sled came with a garret 2860 BB turbo. the P.O. had a faucet fuel pump installed to oil the turbo. whats a better option? As those draw some amps and these stators don't seem to like that from what I have seen. And would adding a small battery and a rectifier to charge it be a good option? (not super concerned about adding a pound or two to it.:))

Thanks for any help!
Damen

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
Replace your headlight with a led headlight. That should free up the amps you need. I did that on my 660 iq turbo and it works great. I have a basic on off switch so I only turn it on if we run late up on the hill. We don't ride much at night. I also have an aftermarket fuel injection system that draws more amps so I know this will work.

Premium Features