• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New turbo question

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Got my new turbo installed. She is a beauty! My kit came with what appears to be SSI clutch weights with the magnets. The paper that comes with the weights says the small magnets are 1.5 grams and the large weight are 2.5 grams. The magnets i received come in 4 sizes. 3 small,3 medium,6 large and 3 extra large. Anyone have an idea what weighs what. Also where would i weight them? Tip heavy,mid heavy or heel heavy? I'll be running 7# at 5-7 thousand feet.Pink primary,black green secondary 46-48 helix. New to turbos any info appreciated. Thanks.

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
I have three different sized magnets in the kit. Small medium and large. 1 gram, 1.5 gram and 2.5 gram. I set mine at 3 large then a small in the heel and a medium in the center. Will try it tomorrow to see how it works. :face-icon-small-hap Also riding similar elevation.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Best thing to do is a get a food scale and weigh them yourself. I tend to set them even and has worked fairly good.

With those weights I recommend purchasing SSI Lime Green 125/310 primary spring as your engagement will be crazy with that pink spring. Or at least the almond/red... Something with a lower engagement.

Also a black/white or black/silver secondary spring will help reduce weight needed in the primary.

Last edited:

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the info 562xp. AKFULLTHROTTLE could you clarify something for me. The springs i mentioned were supplied in the Silber kit. The pink spring on the polaris spring chart is 112-200. The almond red is 165-310. Would the pink not engage lower than the almond red? Or is the supplied pink(from Silber) different than the polaris pink. Good idea on the scale. I think i will get one and take the guess work out! Just in case this is on a 14 pro.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Thanks for the info 562xp. AKFULLTHROTTLE could you clarify something for me. The springs i mentioned were supplied in the Silber kit. The pink spring on the polaris spring chart is 112-200. The almond red is 165-310. Would the pink not engage lower than the almond red? Or is the supplied pink(from Silber) different than the polaris pink. Good idea on the scale. I think i will get one and take the guess work out! Just in case this is on a 14 pro.

Is it a straight pink? I do not know of another pink primary spring.

The pink they used to send out was a 180/320. Venom spring.

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yup straight pink. The helix is marked as from Venom so maybe the pink spring is also. Thanks for the info. 180 -310 would be higher engagement for sure.thanks

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Yup straight pink. The helix is marked as from Venom so maybe the pink spring is also. Thanks for the info. 180 -310 would be higher engagement for sure.thanks

Ya combined with the different engagement of the SSI weights you may see 5k which is no Bueno!

Premium Features