• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idle Shake

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Hey guys my 13 pro turbo is shaking pretty decent at idle, it never died but I do blip the throttle on occasion to help it idle better. I have tried reading up on it but cant find all that much 1100miles on the sled. Sometimes it almost high idles itself then slowly goes down to a normal idle which is shaky. I have read people talking about top ends causing the shake and also reeds and tps. How can I eliminate these one by one? Will a compression test actually tell me if my top ends about to go? No idea what to check on the tps. And the reeds im hoping theres a way to know for sure without opening them up as with my setup it is a HUGE pain in the *** to get the turbo and airbox out of the way to get to them

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Have you checked the obvious things? Fuel filter, spark plugs, etc??

Did it do this when you put it away at the end of the season last year... or is this new this season?

Hard to remember if it has been like this since I bought it (700Miles) or not but it was like this at the end of last season. Was just looking into it seems the polaris fuel filters are a common issue on these sleds. Are people just replacing them with stock?

Plugs are also brand new and properly gapped.

Does anyone know if these fuel filters react negatively at all to AV gas? Sled has had a mixture of AV and 94/91 since turbo install

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Motor mounts getting worn?

Id hope not at 1100 miles, plus I dont remember the last time ive blown a belt so I doubt its that.

Idle shake is supposed to get alot better. With a fix kit of somekind.
Indy dan LR, mtntk fix kit, rk tech pistons, etc.

Thats assuming the top end is getting ready to let go which I strongly hope is not the case.

Im thinking fuel filter could be it as ive never touched it and I doubt last owner did either. Will pic one up tomorrow and test (assuming one is in stock)

F
Jan 2, 2009
N. 208
Tps, stock pistons

If you don't idle @ 1750 after warm up, most likely the tps is outta wack. The stock pistons shake pretty good at low idle but clean up after 2k rpm.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If you don't idle @ 1750 after warm up, most likely the tps is outta wack. The stock pistons shake pretty good at low idle but clean up after 2k rpm.

Sled idles better with fuel filter but its at 2400rpm idle now. Thinking youre right on the TPS set up, looking online im struggling to find out how to adjust it, any incite?

Premium Features