• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 500 classic issues

P
May 8, 2008
ontario canada
i have a 500 classic and i have drivin it for a year and a half and it seems like a desent sled but i have some questions. it uses double the fuel then my brothers 2007 skidoo gsx 500ss, if his takes $20 mine will take $30-$40 at the pumps (canadian prices) is this normal, i drive fairly agressive but that much difference?! and i go through 1 gallon of ams oil hp injecter oil every 2-3 all day rides is that to much? and for the entire time i have owned it except for the last 3 weeks i was riding it it maxed out a 65 mph and on the last 3 weekes it topped out at 80-85 mph?! it also has a bog off the line, from a stand still if i punch it to the bar it does nothing for about a second or so then it goes, i have tightend the secondary clutch spring, cleaned the carbs, and changed the plugs and nothing has worked. i also have the fast m-10 supencion in the back i wanted to tighten it to the 5th setting, when it tried that it it striped the bottom of the bolt and i couldnt move it past the 3 1/2 setting. it is completly stock does anybody know of anything i can do to it to give it more jam, suspencion and or performance with out sacrficing reliabilty, gas miliage, and my pocket book. is there any thing i can do with out spending or very little money. i was thinking about a trail performace clutch kit from epi is that to much or should i get just clutch weights. i really dont know. any imput would be greatly apperciated.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
Premium Features