• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track size

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
I have a 2013 800 155. I'm wanting to 3" for this season, and I love my 155 so do I go with a 156 3" or do I buy a used 162" 3" with an ezride Skid? I'm not sure which way I want to go.
Thanks for the help.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Yes, and personally im a 155 length guy. I rode 162's for a long time and enjoyed them but I like how much easier it is to do wheelie turnouts and hopeovers on the 150 length sleds. especially with the 3" they still have insane push in the deep snow but are way more fun for how I enjoy riding.

Also note im 155# in street clothes, my bigger buddies tend to favor the 162 length just due to the increased float and they have the body weight to yank the sled around easier.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think it really depends on you, your size and what you want out of the sled.

I'm currently running an X3 on a Pro 163, some handling mods include an Alternative Impact narrow front end, Ice Age Pro-Motion, Raptor shocks and SLP skis. For me, this combo works great!!!

I'm 6 foot and about 240 and have not problem whipping the sled around or laying it on it's side. The sled flat out works.....for me. I'm not a big jumper and wanted somthing for wiggling through the trees and something to hold an awesome sidehill, mission acomplished!! If I was a little smaller, I would have tried a 155"

The three in track is pretty damn cool, but the next track I'll be trying will be the new 2.6.

Good luck!!

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I'm 5"11 165 and for me the 155" has become my favorite. I've been riding 174's for a few years and when it's stupid deep and lightly treed I loved it!!! It took me places that I wouldn't normally get to or sometimes didn't want to get to! Having said that... With my size I could feel it at the end of the day. I've owned a few 163's and liked them but I really enjoy the 156" 3 ". It just feels really nimble over the 63 and 74". We mostly ride tight trees and I have grown to like the shorter of the three mentioned. Two years ago I wouldn't have given up my longer track but I am in my 40's now!!!

Premium Features