• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163 Pro RMK Track UPGRADE?

H
Mar 9, 2014
MONTREAL
Just picked up a 163 pro. Has the oem 5.1 track on it but it missing some paddles... would need another track and was wonderring what was the best choice for Boondocking in trees

need advice

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Considering a track change as well on my recent 2013 Pro purchase. Like the 2.6 PowerClaw but the whole change is a little costly. Track, drivers, anti-stab, different TKI gear(recoup a few $$ selling stock 2.4). Just not sure? Is it that much better. Have to spent $$ on shocks so the budget is tight.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Just picked up a 163 pro. Has the oem 5.1 track on it but it missing some paddles... would need another track and was wonderring what was the best choice for Boondocking in trees

need advice

Picking up a stock 5.1 series, 2.4", would be cheapest. Not too much of a market for them, sorry for those that are selling.

Next cheapest new option would be a CamoX 2.5 with the stock 2.86 drivers (9105 for you). Might have to trim the sawtooth paddles above the coolers (personal preference).

After that, it's a driver change, and track options expand greatly. Except for used or takeoffs, none of them particularly cheap. The new 2.6 might be pricey for awhile unless you find a takeoff. The type of snow you're boondocking in will drive best choice, regardless of cost. If it's soft pow, tough to beat the 2.4 for the money, if it's heavy, you're looking at a driver change to get the 9175, 3", powerclaw, 2.6, etc. FWIW.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm with him ^^^ save you money and upgrade the shocks. I spend about 1500 two years ago on an X3 and drivers, wasnt impressed, especially for what it cost. This year I spent 1500 and got a used pair of raptor shocks. Probably the best money I have spent on a sled.

I have come to like the 5.1, it really does work well. You could pick a nice used one up for around $300 if you be patient. Then you wont have to worry about swapping drivers/gearing/clutching. That being said the 5.1 and X3 are the only tracks I have experience with on the Pros.

H
Mar 9, 2014
MONTREAL
Will be riding mostly soft pow in tight trees. Got my eye on a 5.1 2.4 stocker or a used challenger extreme 2.5.
!?
Is the Challenger X a trencher or an upgrade from the 5.1.!?
Either way both are around 4 bills so thats alright.

no way im switching drivers and getting a X3, rode one on a 155 pro and didnt like it on sidehills..

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
In soft pow, tough to beat the 5.1 2.4" with the stock motor, add some lower gearing while you're there, and you likely have it nailed. The camox 2.5 is a better all arounder, especially the 3" pitch 9175, better in setup snow and downhill, but you will definitely give up a little in soft deep pow against the 2.4.

You may know this already - there are two different camox 2.5's - a 2.86 pitch 9105 (163) with the sawtooth paddles, and a 3.0 pitch 9175 with straight edge paddles. Obviously, the 9175 requires a driver change from stock. Buying used, choose wisely.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Unless the stock track is missing 1/4 of the paddles you won't notice any difference swapping for another series 5.1.

The 2.86 pitch camo x does give up a bit to the stocker in light dry pow.

Premium Features