• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will sledders buy anything?

Will Sledders buy anything?

• Yes

Votes: 79 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Jay shut up and just take my money!

Votes: 22 17.2%

• Total voters
E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
I think seats and handlebars are all about comfort. Everybody is different. I can tell that I will never be able to ride with shorter bars, even if every guy in every sled video is doing it. Lol

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
The guys pioneering the super low handle bars are pretty short dudes. (repectfully) I'm 5'10" on a good day. I tried a 2" lift on my Pro, too tall. Put it back to stock, too low. Slapped a 1" riser on with 3/8 tall washer on the low side to rotate it forward, perfect...for me. Don't buy it just because it's the hot ticket.

O
Dec 6, 2007
The more recent rash of one upmanship probably has some thing to do with the oil boom in ND. Those young men have massive amounts of disposable income coupled with long stints off work. I know that if I was in my 20's making ~100k/yr that I would probably buy a new sled every year. It would always have the latest and greatest on it. Why not?

Back in the real world, on a tighter budget and schedule, I use what works for me. That means stock sled, newer but not loaded with the next best option because, I don't have time or $$ to be a guinea pig. Fortunately these days, even stock rocks. I only have a 1 " riser on my Pro and I am 6'3", I just set it up to fit me, not what the current fad says I should do.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
^ I would totally agree that is a huge influence. North of the border....same thing with the high paying oil and gas jobs in north AB/BC. Tons of cash, tons of dudes of roughly the right demographic to be in to fancy sled stuff. Lucky I am too smart for that, and choose to live here....where jobs pay 1/3 as much, and houses cost double lol. Genius!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
For some of us it still just habit too lol. IMO until the Pro it was easy to improve on stock with bolt on`s.
Everyone of the others are still trying to catch up to the "out of the box, real world performance" lol of the 2011 Pro.

Many of us came over and still have the bad habits.

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
I've said for years that snowmobile riders are the worst bandwagon people I know of. They are just waiting for the next best thing.... and when it comes out- everything else is junk. I just laugh at us.......

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
Here's my take on the handlebar thing:
We use to run tall risers/bars to get fat sleds to tip over. We were tyring to do what we can easily do on a Pro now with sleds not designed to tip.
Now mountain sleds are designed to tip and be on edge, hence no need for the extra leverage. Technology overcoming inginueity.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I've said for years that snowmobile riders are the worst bandwagon people I know of. They are just waiting for the next best thing.... and when it comes out- everything else is junk. I just laugh at us.......
Hey now , I take offense to that remark , do you see the freight sled behind that one sled ? I'm not talking the XLT , that old triple pulls like a freight train but it got promoted .

IMG_20140308_144354_009 (1024x576).jpg

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
It's sad but good to see you use the Poo's to hump your stuff around.

Only makes them stronger so be ready in case they break free. History has shown slaves can overcome their masters in short order when the chains are broken.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
All of the mods that I have done work well for me. Others might not like them. I run a 1" riser below my stock bars that are cut down 5/8" on each side. I run custom clutching with a roller bearing on the secondary. I have venting and a big air intake kit for better cooling and more air available to the engine. I run revalved shocks and a heavier spring on my rear track shock (235 lbs. weight before I put my gear on). I run modified Mohawk skis. I have a Camoplast x3 162" track. Every mod I have made has made the sled better...........................for me. Some might not like those mods. It is pretty dependent on individual preference. Why put a big air kit, exhaust and an aftermarket controller on a diesel pickup? Because they run better and make more power. Stock is good on those trucks but you can enhance the performance if that is your bag. Sleds are no different.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Sounds to me like this voting thing is Biased and rigged like government machines.

I paid to vote no but it kept changing my vote to yes.

Where do I send my money Jay?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I paid to vote no but it kept changing my vote to yes.

Where do I send my money Jay?
That is actually a feature of the auto-voting kit....it "updates" your vote in the case where your opinion was wrong. No more wasted time thinking!

All money should be sent to the same Nigerian Prince that reply's to all your Craigslist ads....I always use him as my cash flow-through. Nice guy.

Premium Features