• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt flyer bag

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Hey I hear ya. I used to lightweight my wife's sled every year and then she always packed 30 pounds on it. It is no different than when we go on a trip and I pack one bag and she packs four.
In all fairness,buy a bag to pack what you want, for the day, and who cares what anyone else thinks. People enjoy different things for different reasons. If you want two shovels then buy a pack to accomodate and who cares what everyone thinks. If you want to just pack a shovel on your sled then go for it. If you don't want to pack a shovel at all then go for it. Do I think everyone should have a shovel and be on your back, Yes. Will you ride with me, without one, no. Buy a pack for your needs, and your group, and be prepared for the consequinces of what you don't have.
I would rather have a big bag and a small backpack. I have a shovel and probe, and sometimes my saw in my abs pack and that is it. Everything else goes on my sled. Less weight equals more energy and less sore at the end of the day.
The best pack out there, imo, is the powder keg. Waterproof, bombproof, no zippers, stackable gas can, and expensive but worth it.

I personally like the True Adventure bags. Quick release snaps on shoulder straps make it nice and easy to drop backpack when wearing tekvest. My backpack for school weighs more than my sled pack and I pack enough for girlfriend and I to stay night if needed.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
I love the new flyer bag and to all those concened my shovel fits in it thanks for all the lectures
15d1kqg.jpg
[/IMG]

N
Nov 14, 2013
burandt flyer bag

does anyone know for sure if it is possible to put a burandt flyer bag and a gas rack on a 2012 pro rmk 155? i know that the tunnel is about 4 inches shorter than the 2013 and 2014 pros because of the lengths in the seat.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Got the bag and rode last weekend in Revy.

Pros:
Great size, big enough for lots of stuff but not too floppy like the full size
Everything stayed dry
Shovel fits well
Zippers did not freeze and buddies old Polaris bag had this problem
Good internal pockets, elastic bands and Velcro inside for holding stuff.

Cons:
Too expensive
Quick release mechanism can be hard to install in the tunnel track and can mar up the tunnel if not pushed in properly when you turn the latch.
As it is kinda hard to install, I don't want to remove it and it will be prone to theft.

Would I buy again...Yes, so far best bag I've owned and I have had several,

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I agree that the quick release tabs are a great idea in theory, but they fall short in the real world. I bolted mine on with carriage bolts, much happier.

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
Bought the bag last year and love it.
Nothing ever got wet, lots of storage space, there is one compartment that is plastic, thats were i kept my hatn n gloves.
with all the compartments I have one for just about everything you want to carry.
You have to b carefull when you lock it down, broke one plastic piece that
holds every thing together last year the frist time i put it on.
See in SW they had the same problem, had to order a kit that had all the hardwear in it , 4 new locks, $50 unfn real and i only need one.
I see skibreeze said he uses carrage bolts they would work but its nice to be able to take it off quick if you want to.
My 2 cents
you can crame a lot of s#$t in it!!!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Got the bag and rode last weekend in Revy.

Pros:
Great size, big enough for lots of stuff but not too floppy like the full size
Everything stayed dry
Shovel fits well
Zippers did not freeze and buddies old Polaris bag had this problem
Good internal pockets, elastic bands and Velcro inside for holding stuff.

Cons:
Too expensive
Quick release mechanism can be hard to install in the tunnel track and can mar up the tunnel if not pushed in properly when you turn the latch.
As it is kinda hard to install, I don't want to remove it and it will be prone to theft.

Would I buy again...Yes, so far best bag I've owned and I have had several,

do you carry extra fuel at all? Never had a ran out on my 700 rmk in blue river but im always stuck alot. closest i got was out of salmon lake but its a 30 minute trail ride in then 30 out.

Trying to figure out what i want to do for storage. I dont know if i should get the full mountain addiction bag and no fuel or the one can small bag combo.

I really only need extra storage for some bottles of water and a spare fleece jacket.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
do you carry extra fuel at all? Never had a ran out on my 700 rmk in blue river but im always stuck alot. closest i got was out of salmon lake but its a 30 minute trail ride in then 30 out.

Trying to figure out what i want to do for storage. I dont know if i should get the full mountain addiction bag and no fuel or the one can small bag combo.

I really only need extra storage for some bottles of water and a spare fleece jacket.

Never need fuel anymore as they are so efficient now, the kid riding the 600 actually carries 4 litres of fuel because he is WOT all day and will use 20-30% more than my 800 163. And for the guy asking about the 600 in the mountains, it is very capable and will outdo most IQ 800's for speed and flotation with same track length.

One update on the bag though, I noticed it moved about 5 inches closer to my seat during my last ride. I relocated it put some Goop glue between the tunnel and hardware now.

Premium Features