• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got my 36" Zbroz A-arms installed

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I finally got some 36" Zbroz a-arms on my sled last night. Still need to align, but I've got 4 months to do that:-( I felt that the only thing left to do on my sled, that's holding me back, is to narrow the front end. After playing with the sled a bit on the garage floor, if I sneeze just the right way, my sled will tip over! Can't wait to test her out!

Mad props to Andy, at gasshockrepair.com, for cutting my shocks down to the correct length. He does awesome and very fast work.

I think Zbroz would probably sell more of these kits if they explained better the spindle modification required. From all of the internet commentary, it seemed like a big deal. But the reality is that a mostly square corner just needs to be cut down and smoothed out. It's so easy and doesn't affect the strength or anything. The pic below shows a stock spindle on the left and the trimmed corner spindle on the right.

The last pic is a comparison between my SBA and RMK. Both set at the narrowest positions.

Bring on the snow!

rmk_front.jpg spindles.jpg switchback_compare.jpg

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Wow. I never thought a more narrow stance was needed on the Poo. I always felt sketched out going fast around turns on the trail.. I thought the thing was going to tip over and toss me in the woods. I hope you enjoy it. I'd say it'll be a blast in the trees!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Nice!!

I went with an Alternative Impact 36" front end and it is awesome!!! If you like trees and being able to throw the sled around, the 36" front end makes it a tick better!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Yep, I like trees. I even had direct contact last season with one that wasn't very nice...lol. I've struggled with certain circumstances that I know would have been a cakewalk if the front end was narrower. This is an RMK Assault, so the stock arms were 41". I dropped 5".

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yep, I like trees. I even had direct contact last season with one that wasn't very nice...lol. I've struggled with certain circumstances that I know would have been a cakewalk if the front end was narrower. This is an RMK Assault, so the stock arms were 41". I dropped 5".

Holy crap, you are going to notice that!!!

My brother rides a Pro Assault and when he jumped on mine last season, the first powder turn he basically layed it over on it's side and fell off!!! He got up tried it again and same thing. Now as I'm laughing he came back and said something is wrong with this thing. He went on to say, it felt like a motorcycle compared to his!!!

The more I ride it, the more I like it!!! Riding trees or laying over on its side for a downhill decent is awesome!!!! It's effortless but I should add that mine also has the Ice Age, Pro-Motion.

Anyways, you're gonna have fun!!!!

Premium Features