• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to Pro-2013 pro

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Well guys, looks like I wont be riding a turbo this winter like I hoped but I did find a good deal on a used 2013 Pro so im still happy! What all do I need to do to make it reliable? It has 1500miles on it, Ill turn up the oil pump like everyone said to do, what else does it need? Obviously theres other post like this out there but I cant find much so...

Also what are people doing to add a couple hp to them? I like the sounds of RKTs 20hp kit, who else is making a kit like that or something along the lines? A BB is not an option.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
If boost is your end goal then I wouldn't waste money on a few horsepower here and there when it's never gonna be what you want. If that's not the case... I've had a couple buddies with the rkt kit and their sleds were greatly improved over stock

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
just put the handle bars over an M8 and you picked up 20 hp right there:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-sho JFWY if boost is your end goal just ride it stock and save the money for the boost next year.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Im just scared it wont make it to next year with all ive heard about these sleds, also an entire season on a slow sled might make me miss my m8 a bit :face-icon-small-dis I think a rebuild is going to happen no matter what with some type of fix it fit, just not sure whos. Bikemans seems pretty affordable too. Obviously boost is the end game but I still want to have the best sled I can afford for this season. Is clutching a big help on these sleds?

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Run it for the season, it wont be the fastest ting on the mountain, and you might have to just grin and bear it, but it will get you where you want to go. Then when you have the funds put a fix kit of your choice (i prefer MTNTK because they are local to me) in it throw your turbi kit on top of it and ride it till youre tired of it.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I excited about the sled and although itll be weird coming off of boost and going to this im excited about the chassis since I ride mostly trees anyways. Yeah I wish I was on boost, but hey, itll come soon enough... But until then I just need to make sure the thing lasts and I have a fun season on it! Who knows theres still a while before the snow falls and then a long season after that, I might still end up boosting it this season

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I see you're from b.c. call Brent Linderman. 403-564-4673. He will have what you need.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Maybe ill get enough OT before the winter to just turbo, all this talk is making me want boost :face-icon-small-hap

Maybe I jumped the gun here but how does a BB compare to say a pro running 8psi boost?

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have some TKI gear down kits in stock. Huge upgrade with other benefits. Our pricing has not gone up yet due to USA dollar as this limited stock was ordered last season. Clutching also helps and I can help you there.

Do it right and it will feel like 10-15 hp while making it more reliable and make clutch belts last way longer.

Chris

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Ok so I finally picked up the sled and it actually only has 800 miles on it not 1500 like I was originally told, even better! But now I dont think im even going to touch the motor with a fix it kit or anything as its low km and im not to worried about it. Anyways, yes boost is the end goal but likely will come next season unless a really good used kit shows up for the right price closer to winter, so just going to ride it stock for this year maybe change a few things here or there.

What im thinking is tunnel stiffeners as Ive heard the pro tunnels buckle, and a can, not sure if theres anything else that might help out and wont break the bank?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Ok so I finally picked up the sled and it actually only has 800 miles on it not 1500 like I was originally told, even better! But now I dont think im even going to touch the motor with a fix it kit or anything as its low km and im not to worried about it. Anyways, yes boost is the end goal but likely will come next season unless a really good used kit shows up for the right price closer to winter, so just going to ride it stock for this year maybe change a few things here or there.

What im thinking is tunnel stiffeners as Ive heard the pro tunnels buckle, and a can, not sure if theres anything else that might help out and wont break the bank?

One thing that will help out a lot is if you change your sign line

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO

With motor aside, some improvements that wake these sleds up is definitely gearing and clutching. That goes a LONG way! Slap a TKI belt drive on, buy the appropriate primary and secondary springs along with weights for your altitude. This alone will wake this sled up big time. Last year I was on a 12 M8 boosted. My buddy that rides with me every weekend has a pro that's all stock other than gearing and clutching. His sled went almost anywhere I did. He didn't get there as fast but always pulled similar lines.

Best Pro mods IMO:
-TKI
-clutch kit ( here in CO we run blue/pink primary with 60g weights)
-2.6 or 3 powerclaw OR 3" camo track

These three will completely transform this sled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premium Features