• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 800 RMK Floor board bracket

A
Dec 4, 2014
Hi all,

I had an accident last winter and now am fixing the sled.

There is a bracket that is bonded into the footboards at the front, the bracket broke and i need to remove it to replace it.

How do i get it out? I tried with a heat gun but it won't come. Do i need more heat?

Thanks,

image.jpg

A
Dec 4, 2014
Ok thanks!

Do you know how deep that peice goes into the running board rail?

Also what would be the cleaning procedure before i put the new peice in with the lord compound?

Thanks!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
From memory; it inserts 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" into the board extrusion. The ends are not available from Polaris. So you need to either find a damaged board to rob it from, Or source it from guys like me that do not use the stock front mount. PM me if you need the mount as I'll be pulling a few more out here very soon.

As for cleaning: My choice is to remove the heavy Adhesive residue while still warm from removal. Followed by sand blasting for good surface prep. Short of that; remove the heavy adhesive and wipe with joint with acetone, assemble, installing the single rivet to maintain alignment and inject adhesive into the internal adhesive grove thru the adhesive injection hole. Let cure and reinstall, Enjoy!

Last edited:
Premium Features