• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

c-a extreme bx skis

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
I didn't like them at all. They were a little better on tail vs Gripper skis, but no better off trail and they are really heavy skis. Each ski is like 2-3lb heavier than stock.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
They rocked off trail in the deep stuff but to me they were way to heavy steering and grabby on trail, but I ride an SBA and I need to trail ride.

If I strictly rode off trail or steep & deep I would still have them. The down is that they are much heavier than the stock Poo skis as mentioned above.

S

snomac

Nov 26, 2007
Layton, Utah
I put the C&A Pro BX skis on my 13 Pro last season. I love them! BUT I think it depends on where you ride and your riding style. What I love about them is that they are stiffer. I think the stock gripper ski is a great ski, but too soft and bends very easy. Side hilling across hard big trenches the gripper would want to bend and catch, where the C&A will punch right through no problem. Same goes for down hill turns. No worries about the gripper wanting to go 90 degree angle and stop you in your tracks if the snow isn't fluffy soft. That's why I love the BX skis. Well worth the extra weight, because that's what is needed to have a strong ski that performs well.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
That lawn jart 90 degree angle is the blown rubber ski damper - look closely and they'll be cracked or split. Next ones will do the same, the wetter and deeper the snow the faster they'll blow, especially if you're set narrow or wide. Ribs on the ski saddle are what causes it, supposed to be changed on the 2016 skis. We'll see.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
That lawn jart 90 degree angle is the blown rubber ski damper - look closely and they'll be cracked or split. Next ones will do the same, the wetter and deeper the snow the faster they'll blow, especially if you're set narrow or wide. Ribs on the ski saddle are what causes it, supposed to be changed on the 2016 skis. We'll see.

my pro did it brand new, stock pro rubbers just suck. i put c&a rubbers in and cut out the ribs and works way better

caproskis

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2009
Hutchinson, MN
www.caproskis.com
Thank you for all your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve the riding experience with our skis. If you have any more questions we can answer for you, don't hesitate to send us an email (eddy@caproskis.com) or give us a call: 888-321-6789

Premium Features