• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EZ RYDE HELO???

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I know that the debate over a rigid chassis versus a flexible one is still highly debated. I love my 2015 pro 155 but understand the logic beind a "flexible" chassis and am very curious. If you hate the flex then this topic isn't for you. I think the EZ Ryde Carve system looks bad *** but I'm not about to spend that kind of coin when there is already a new chassis coming out, but I just came across the EZ Ryde Helo Product. I love the idea of adding a little flex to my sled without having to do drastic changes to the rear suspension. At under $500 it still seems a little steep for what they give you, but someones gotta get paid for their thoughts and ingenuity. Does anyone have any real world experience on the Helo? or maybe thoughts on how their product works?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Wow

That's an interesting spongy type of thingy...

Looks like it would make for a nice cushy ride.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Yikes! I cant imagine that flexible rubber thingy holding a solid line on a sidehill very well. Cushy ride . .? Maybe for a putter along trail rider type. Cant imagine this will work well for a serious mountain rider. But. . . as they say . . "sledders will buy about anything" LOL

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So how does it work in a real pow sled, on the mountain, not a yamacat trail sled in reverse half the time. They do make video cams now that can film a sled on the mountain.

"If you ride any slower, you'll be going backwards..."

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I know that the debate over a rigid chassis versus a flexible one is still highly debated. I love my 2015 pro 155 but understand the logic beind a "flexible" chassis and am very curious. If you hate the flex then this topic isn't for you. I think the EZ Ryde Carve system looks bad *** but I'm not about to spend that kind of coin when there is already a new chassis coming out, but I just came across the EZ Ryde Helo Product. I love the idea of adding a little flex to my sled without having to do drastic changes to the rear suspension. At under $500 it still seems a little steep for what they give you, but someones gotta get paid for their thoughts and ingenuity. Does anyone have any real world experience on the Helo? or maybe thoughts on how their product works?

I have the non Carve skid on a 15 Pro and a Carve skid on a 15 Pro TD. They are the best mod I have done including my turbo. With the carve you can almost just turn your head and the sled turns with you, it takes about half the effort to turn than it did before, also the front end is much more planted vs stock without making the steering heavier. The downside is that the machine is less playfull in the meadows, when you lay it over and rip the throttle it will stand the machine back up. As for not spending any money when there is a new model coming out, I think you are looking at it backward - Today you have the best Pro ever built the most refined. Mod the he$$ out of it and RIDE it for 3 or 4 years and let someone else have the troubles that all new models have. I am riding mine for 3 or 4 and THEN buying an AXIS. I have been the first guy in the group with a new model multiple times and while you justify it to yourself that buying new means no breakdowns and more fun, your still that guy with sled troubles as they have not worked all the bugs out of them yet. As far as the Helo I have no idea but it sure looks odd.:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:
Premium Features