• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Pro RMK off season maintenance, what to do?

B
Nov 10, 2010
So... seasons finally over. Looking to do what I can to keep this sled for another year running problem free.

2013 Pro RMK LE 800, 155.

Has about 1600 mostly worry free miles. Had some clutch parts start to go this mid season, rebuilt it with all new parts. Had the sled gone through by local dealer at the time, they said "Pull rope and go till she blows!"

Wondering if its worth it to pull the top end. Read some pretty good reviews on "fix it" / durability kits, just wondering if its worth it.

Sleds got all the other do dads, tunnel strengthening, belt skid plate, oil pump turned up, new bars... runs like a champ.

question is, if this were your sled, and you were trying to make it last past 2000 miles, what mods / maintenance would you do?

thanks for any info!!!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would strongly consider a fix kit, seems like alot of pro motors go in that 1500-2000 miles range. It would be good peace of mind, and supposedly you get a little perfomance from it. With the Rk Tek kit you would need to run a fuel controller, Mtntk you wouldnt. Have heard plenty of good about both. Flip a coin.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Assuming it's out of warranty, pistons. Take your pick, including OEM. You'll get your money pretty much back if you sell it after a season. Fresh top end will run stronger this coming season. Putting more $ into it, like a fix kit, is up to you, how much you want to spend, and how long you're going to be riding it.

If it's still in warranty this coming season, run it as it is.

B
Nov 10, 2010
no warranty on the sled, not looking to add much power, more looking for durability!

I'm leaning more towards the fix it kit then just pistons... I feel like all info on the taller head has to have some truth to it....

any one else?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Get the injectors tested and cleaned. (Indydan)
Good long look at the cylinder.
Fix kit is icing and they run strong.
Cast pistons and proper clearances are a must.

Stronger lower QD pulley bolt.
I really love my polzin steering bushings.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I did the RKT kit with the head and more compression on my 11 pro, no controller needed. It was worth it, but I ran it for a couple of years. On my 14, I'll just do pistons, but I have a 4 yr warranty on it. Fix kits have merit, especially with the 11-12's, which are more of a time bomb than the 13-15's. 14's and up have both the most recent OEM pistons and thicker cylinder skirts. Kit install is important, inspecting, sizing, and honing the bore and setting ring gap essential for the best outcomes, of course. Good luck.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Get the injectors tested and cleaned. (Indydan)
Good long look at the cylinder.
Fix kit is icing and they run strong.
Cast pistons and proper clearances are a must.

Stronger lower QD pulley bolt.
I really love my polzin steering bushings.

X2 on steering bushings!!!! I just put a set of of those billet OFT Racing bushings in and WOW what a difference.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I would also be looking at the driveshaft and jackshaft bearings by 2000 miles. They are sealed, so it is more difficult to grease them but I would either go through the hassle of getting fresh grease in them or replacing them.

Premium Features