• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CODE 46 NYTRO

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
2010 NYTRO. PUSH 180 KIT. SLED QUIT RUNNING WHILE OUT RIDING IN DEEP POWDER, AND WOULDNT EVEN CRANK. THREW A CODE 46-LOW/HIGH VOLTAGE. AFTER A LONG TOW BACK, GOT IT BACK TO THE SHOP, AND AFTER SOME INVESTIGATION, THE STARTER WAS COMPLETELY FRIED....LOCKED UP TIGHT AND STUNK BAD. SOMETHING CAUSED IT TO STAY ENGAGED AND I ASSUME DRAINED THE BATTERY SO LOW THAT IT WOULDNT FIRE THE INJECTORS. ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS OR SEEN ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SOLENOID OR STARTER? WARRANTY COVERED THE STARTER, SOLENOID, CABLE, LABOR AND EVERYTHING FOR DIAG. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS SEEN PROBLEMS WITH THIS.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
update

starter was totally fried from heat not from spinning! melted the solder inside the starter, but the armature seems ok. not sure what caused this, but wanting to find a fix before it goes back on the snow.

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
This is the information from the servce manual:

Fault code No. 46 Symptom Power supply to the ECU is not normal.
Diagnostic code No. – –
Order Item/components and probable cause Check or maintenance job Reinstatementmethod
1 Connections
Wire harness ECU coupler

Check the coupler for any pins that may havepulled out.
Check the locking condition of the coupler.
If there is a malfunction, repair it and connect thecoupler securely.
Starting theengine andoperating it at idle.

2 Faulty battery. Replace or charge the battery.
Refer to “BATTERY INSPECTION” in CHAPTER 2.

3 Malfunction in rectifier/regulator. Replace if defective.
Refer to “CHARGING SYSTEM” in CHAPTER 8.

4 Open or short circuit in wire harness. Repair or replace if there is an open or short circuit.

Between the battery and main fuse.
Red – Red
Between the main fuse and ignition fuse.
Red – Red
Between the ignition fuse and main switch coupler.
Red/Yellow – Red/Yellow
Between the main switch coupler and engine stop
switch coupler.
Brown – Brown
Between the engine stop switch coupler and ECU
coupler.
Red/White – Red/White

reignman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2009
Boise, id
Was there water in the electrical connections? I have read where some sledders put electroless grease in all electrical connections to keep out the water. You stated that you were riding in deep snow, I wonder if excess snow entered the engine area and saturated the connections and caused electrical failure.

my 2 cents. rbb

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
DUNNO

NOT SURE ABOUT THE MOISTURE, THAT IS WHAT I AM THINKING. I HAVE PULLED ALL CONNECTIONS AND DRIED OUT, DIELECTIRIC GREASE, AND REASEMBLED. NEW STARTER, SOLENOID, + CABLE, STARTER WRAP ON THE STARTER, WHO KNOWS, I GUESS WE WILL TRY AGAIN.

Premium Features