• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 mxz 700

S
Nov 27, 2008
2002 mxz 700 Secondary clutching

How hard is it to adjust secondary clutch and will this give me more rpms. We will be riding in the bighorns and it only gets about 7600 rpms even with adjusting the clickers.

Last edited:
O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
How hard is it to adjust secondary clutch and will this give me more rpms. We will be riding in the bighorns and it only gets about 7600 rpms even with adjusting the clickers.

If it has reverse you are out of luck, the RER secondaries have no spring tension adjustment although you may be able to get a stronger spring, if it is the old "formula" secondary you can remove it and tighten up the spring by repositioning the cam on the spring or the spring in the 3 holes in the bottom of the inner half, you can pick up some rpm's that way but it will accelerate slower and maybe lose some top speed. My 02 Renegade came with reverse but I put a "formula" style secondary on just so I could adjust it, best change I ever made on it.

Last edited:
Premium Features