• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge Evolution CTS vs Bully Dog Triple Dog GT

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is for a 2000 Ford 7.3 with 90hp injectors, 4" turbo-back exhaust and airaid/K&N intake. New tranny at 85k mi will billet torque converter. Currently running the old style 2002(ish) Diablo 70hp chip, but I'd like to upgrade that.

Evolution CTS:
http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=124&pvk=347

Triple Dog GT:
http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2

Both max at 100hp 200ft/lbs. Basically the same power level settings.

Main differences:

Edge: bigger screen
Triple Dog: small screen

Edge: touch screen
Triple Dog: no touch screen

Edge: backup camera ready
Triple Dog: no back-up camera (correct?)

Edge: stop to change power level
Triple Dog: change on fly

Edge: probe is $100
Triple Dog: Probe is $130.

Edge: internet updates available.
Triple Dog: internet updates available.

What else should I know?

Net cost, the Edge is about $20 more.

Are there programming problems anyone has experienced with either of these?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IMO, which is just an opinion.. you have upgraded injectors, slightly modded tranny, so it aint stock.

get a custom tuned flip chip. they are very similar price, and from what I hear, work a LOT better. lot smoother power, a lot less hard on auto's. and you can just turn a know for various settings, where with the type your talking about have 3-5 preset levels, whereas custom tunes can be done by picking 1 for each of the 6 spots on the switch, and you pick from 20+ options, vs just the few preset ones.

also, the custom tunes usually can squeak out a few more HP, like 140(depending on HPOP condition and injectors) I am running a simple flash tuner superchips I got for free... not wonder, generic tuner SUCK and dont deal with auto's nearly as well as custom setups.

check out some of these names, go on any powerstroke forum and you will find worlds of info.

beans diesel performance
Tony Wildman
Power Hungrey Performance, there are a bunch more, just not coming to the front of my mind right now.

also, IMO, ditch the K&N and go 6637(if you dont know what it is, PM me) they filter better and are cheap and simple.

go on one of hte powerstroke forums and just cruise around, some of the vendors do deals on the "flip chips" and gauge combos to get you all dialed in and ready to kick *** basically forever.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Aren't the big pod style K&Ns going to flow better than the OEM style'd K&N slip-in replacements?

Flip Chip....I remember hearing about those a few years ago...got a link?

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
I would call and talk to tony wild man, and dp tuner. Just do a search on google for them two names. They are suppose to be pretty good for the older fords. Maybe go to powerstroke.org and do some searching on there and see what people say on the forums. I bet alot will tell you to check out dp and tony wildman.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, go read on the org.. im a member, and every other thread is this tuner vs that one.

IMO when I was looking for one(before I realized I was broke) I like powerhungry's stuff

linkey http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_phoenix.html

as far as an intake, the big pod style K&N's flow great, BUT, they tend to be on the low end of filtering quality.. I run a 6637 filter from napa, with the filter and peice to attach it, I spent like $50.. and you can get new filters for around $30.. they also filter significantly better then the k&N.. just food for thought.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good stuff.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go join another forum and wade through thousands of opinions.
I figured someone has already done that for me and could just bring all that information to me...in a nice finalized concise researched paragraph. LMFAO.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
HAHA.. yeah.

Im not sure how set you are on the bulldog or edge systems, IMO there area lot better options out there, and from my reading, basically all of the main "flip chip" companies run the same base chip with there tuning stuff on it, and most consider them very similar for end results.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sean, what about guages then? I'd like to avoid pillar guages and go with electronic.

Premium Features