• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering post support

H

heavy d

Nov 21, 2010
X2......Fabcraft is the way to go. Get rid of that limp dick steering post before it leaves you in the middle of no where.

Fabcraft post = $ 245.00
Chopper ride = $ 1500.00

Fabcraft still makes a steering post and a bunch of other Gen 2 stuff still.

S
Jan 18, 2010
Washington
I've got a 98 and 99 RMK 700 and bent both of the steering posts to the point that even if I pull it over on its side to work on it, they feel like a limp noodle. I'm on a budget so I measured the inside diameter of the post and bought some 7/16" cold rolled steel rod. On the 98 I had to drill/dremel out the top of the post a bit to get the rod to slide in. On the 99 it was free and clear so no grinding involved. I'm not sure if yours is the same but most likely will be. Anyhow I measured the length to the first bend in the bottom of the stock post, cut off the steel rod to length so it sits flush with the mount plate up top, slid it inside and welded the top. Some guys use epoxy if they don't have access to a welder. Now I can reef it over on it's side and it's feeling a lot stiffer. Still some flex but no bending. Most of the flex is from the hoop the support bearing mounts to. I haven't ridden on it yet, still waiting for more snow. I think this will work great for what I'm doing and not concerned about a little extra weight. Other folks have had success as well. If I had the cash I would buy the aftermarket ones, but I don't so this is what I have to do for now. Good luck

Last edited:
Premium Features