• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of motorcycle you have?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Not into rice rockets or loud/obnoxious old man bikes(Harley's or copies of). Prefer something I can have fun with.

6afe54102c8e9dd8a60484b6f7a69db7.jpg

Took the honda for cost. Wanted the ktm 530 but didn't want to spend the extra $4k. It's been a good bike.

894ba555e1c0ab122930fc6d9570534c.jpg

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I was 35 years old, and caught myself doing a wheelie down mainstreet in kalispell at about 80 MPh., with my R1, when i realized, WTF! AM I GAY? That was a fast way to end up in trouble. then about 2 weeks later, i was pizzed at a hot 22 year old cowboy in a polo shirt,Levi's and a cowboy hat that i was poking . and I caught myself doing about 100 mph in a mile long wheelie coming out of Whitefish. Pizzed off, then passed about 5-6 cars, next thing I know I'm doing 160mph, i looked down and realized, i was actually GAY. decided i needed to sell my bike immediatley, I sold it within 2-3 weeks, and said screw it. rode Harley's ever since.

LOL

Last edited:

TommyF

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2010
Strasburg, Colorado
At what age do you think a person is to old for one of those sport bikes? As that's what I kind of like, but the wife says I'm to old (42) thus looking at a Harley in the Softail line.

Never too old. My current bike is a 2011 GSX-R 750. Kept telling myself that I'm too old for sportbikes, get a cruiser, then quickly go back to a sportbike. Used to road race a long time ago, probably why I will always have one.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Never too old. My current bike is a 2011 GSX-R 750. Kept telling myself that I'm too old for sportbikes, get a cruiser, then quickly go back to a sportbike. Used to road race a long time ago, probably why I will always have one.

AGREED!!!

I have an Yamaha R6 (Sportbike), Yamaha WR290f (dirtbike made street legal)
Val has a Ducati Monster 800, Honda CRF230f ( dirtbike made street legal)

Her stepdad died a couple of years ago and I had to restore/ sell a bunch of his bikes for her mom. He had a 2006 HD Street Glide, 1998 Dyna you couldn't pay me to ride those things for fun-- I just laughed inside my helmet when other Harley riders would pass, or wave, or strike up a conversation about those things.

I started on SportBikes , didn't own a dirtbike until I turned 40, now I wonder why I waited so long.

W
Feb 4, 2014
Belle Fouche
Although I've been on sleds and quads for a number of years, I just got into the 2-wheel scene a little over a year ago. My first (and current) street bike is an '06 Kawasaki ZZR 600... it's been a great bike to learn on and still has some decent acceleration when you get the RPM above 10 grand. I think it's kind of funny that a fat guy like myself is riding around on a crotch rocket, but hey, it's fun and that's all that matters to me... Some day I would love to get on a bigger bike, but for now this 600 does put a smile on my face every time I twist the throttle! I'm not a speed freak, I just like the acceleration factor:face-icon-small-hap At the time I bought it, I liked the fact that it was lighter than my friend's 1000 and more forgiving in regards to throttle control, the 600 doesn't have the power to get you into trouble nearly as fast if you make a mistake, but unlike the smaller bikes, still has the acceleration and sound of a larger displacement machine... it's a nice all around size machine that you can have a lot of fun on. I've only taken it to 115 mph, but it had a lot of power left and was still accelerating hard... Like I said, I get my thrill from the acceleration, as opposed to top speed. If memory serves, I only took it to a measly 95mph in this vid below, before backing off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ptYaWltrY

That you?

Last edited:

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I have a klr 650 right now. Love it for a little highway riding, county roads and two tracks. A little heavy for riding around rocky mountain tails but it's nice for having one bike for all the roads that I can cover in a day.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
First bike I bought was an 84 GPz750, then upgraded to an 83 Gpz 1100. Ha a few since then, but now I built my own. It'll be on the road in a week or so.

IMG_1917.jpg IMG_1812.jpg IMG_1879.jpg

Premium Features