• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Snowy Range snow conditions

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Sure looks like Sand Lake Road to me. SledHead & I laid the maiden tracks on Saturday:face-icon-small-hap

This was taken on a spur road out by Sand Lake:

I must have just missed you up there. I laid down the tracks on 101 from the other side.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Thanks for the pics guys! Looks like I might need to bring the sled back home for Thanksgiving!

PC800SP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2011
Harlan, Iowa
More SNOW

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
5 PM MST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHEYENNE HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM
2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 PM MST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS
NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* TIMING...THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL WILL OCCUR FROM LATE THIS
AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...WITH PERIODS OF MODERATE TO
HEAVY SNOW CONTINUING THROUGH MONDAY.

* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 12 TO
18 INCHES.

* WINDS/VISIBILITY...WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS
45 MPH AT TIMES COULD REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO ONE HALF MILE OR
LESS IN BLOWING SNOW.

* IMPACTS...TRAVEL THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS COULD BECOME VERY
HAZARDOUS SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY...WITH REDUCED
VISIBILITIES AND SNOW COVERED ROADS DUE TO SNOW AND BLOWING
SNOW. OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS PLANNING ACTIVITIES IN THE MOUNTAINS
SHOULD PREPARE FOR HEAVY SNOW...STRONG WINDS...AND VERY COLD
TEMPERATURES.

PC800SP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2011
Harlan, Iowa
Keep it coming

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* TIMING...FREQUENT PERIODS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WILL
CONTINUE THROUGH TODAY AS ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE MOVES
ACROSS THE AREA.

* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 12 TO 24
INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS...AND 1 TO 4 INCHES ACROSS THE LOWER
ELEVATIONS INCLUDING CENTENNIAL. ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS
BETWEEN 2 TO 6 INCHES ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON.

WINTER STORM WARNING EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY MORNING

The weather is going to be active the next 24 to 36 hours across southeast Wyoming and Nebraska Panhandle. First off, heavy snow will continue in the Snowy and Sierra Madre Ranges out in Carbon County. We went ahead and extended the Winter Storm Warnings for these mountains through Wednesday morning for an additional 5-10 inches of snow. The big news is wind. Winds are expected to really begin increasing late tonight and to continue through much of Tuesday. High Wind Warnings have been issed for the mountains and areas west of the Laramie Range from 3 AM through midnight Tuesday. The Laramie Valley and lower elevations of Laramie County (Cheyenne) will also see these strong winds a little later. High Wind Warnings have been posted for these areas from 8AM thru 8PM Tuesday. Travel will be impacted Tuesday on area interstates (80 and 25) as snow develops Tuesday afternoon and evening. We could be experiencing difficult or dangerous driving conditions with the combination of strong winds, snow and blowing snow Tuesday afternoon and evening. If you're traveling through southeast Wyoming tomorrow, please stay up to date on the latest weather forecast and road conditions for the area.

Last edited:
R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
We went for a night ride in centennial last night (Monday) . It was stupid crazy dumb retarded windy. So maybe the snow will harden up. I bounced off a few little rocks but the tree riding is decent, you definitely won't be climbing anything . That's about all the info I have . Snotel is reading 36" at sand lake (above centennial)

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I drove up to the gate on the west side yesterday and there was about 2" of ice on top of 3' powder that goes straight to dirt... hopefully it warms up and packs

M

mitch_66b

Jul 24, 2013
how's the snow?

How did that storm play out? I'm thinking of a Christmas trip to the Snowies, just hoping there would be enough snow to go out and play a little and not find any land mines!

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Trails were super icy. Got pretty stinking hot a couple times. should be a good base, now we just need more snow!!!!

Lots of new black T3's running around yesterday!

Premium Features