• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 800 e tec freeride

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
finally dropped the anchor...literally. just picked up my new 154 freeride last week. 100 lbs lighter than my 08 nytro tank.:face-icon-small-hap ohhh man i need some powder :face-icon-small-hap. and then, to top it off, check the v.i.n. #, and i got #000001. the last 154 available in Alaska! SWEET! so looking around, do you ski doo boys have a dedicated spot for the free riders like the yammi guys have for the nytro? just curious as to what kinda mods i can do to this thing...best pipes n can?...reeds?(if needed)...been a while since i been on a 2 stroke, and for years it was on a 700 mountain max. but im sure this e tec is a bit different. im a smaller guy at 5'6"/140 lbs, but after taming that nytro tank on the hills, im pretty sure this 800 is going to do exactly what i tell it to.
thanks for any advice.

i cant wait to ride this thing.

and,we just got an inch in town the other day....its coming.:face-icon-small-hap

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
i get my 146 this week, also stoked!
seems like everyone was putting extra bracing or even the FR bracing on their normal XP's, so figured id skip a step
also wasnt sold on the t motion for a sled i will use 85% in the flatlands/low elevation

ill give it a yr or two to get the bugs worked out of it

from the reading i have been doing, try it out AS IS and mod from there
only thing im doing is a wrap, HPS can, Summitseeker scratchers, MOFLO lower door vents (clutch and exhaust side) and that should do it
not even sure I 100% need the vents, but im sure they wont HURT anything
might get some powder pro ski's, but ill try these first

clutching can be very tempermental on the etechs I guess
get a baseline from your sled first and go from there
im sure Rooster or DJ can hook a kit up if your in need of anything after you ride it a few times

other than the normal pre-season new sled stuff (clean shipping oil from the clutches and belt, check chain tension, riser bolts for "snugness" etc....)
gas, oil and go my friend!

Last edited:
Premium Features