• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to choose clutch weight profile/curvature... ?

L
Dec 7, 2007
SWEDEN
:twitch: HELP !! :twitch:

I need some explanation and advice regarding choose the right clutch weight curvature.
Polaris is offering the Series 10 and Series 11 clutch weight.

What are the advantages of each series ?
What are the disadvantages of each series ?

Quote:
The Series 11 flyweights feature an aggressive shift curvature, and thinner profile,
compared to the Series 10 weights.

When compared to a Series 10 weight, the Series 11 weight has more weight distributed at the beginning of the profile curve
and does not tuck under as much as the Series 10 weight.
Because of this difference, the belt-to-sheave clearance must be checked and washers may need to be added to increase the belt-to-sheave clearance after installing any Series 11 weight into a drive clutch that was previously equipped with Series 10 weights.

The procedure for increasing the belt-to-sheave clearance by changing shim washer(s) between the spider and fixed sheave

is outlined in all Polaris snowmobile service manuals.

When cross-referencing between Series 10 and Series 11 flyweights,

a Series 11 flyweight will function similarly like a 2-gram heavier Series 10 weight.
For example, use a 11-68 when replacing a 10-70 flyweight.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I don't know much about clutching, but i ran the 11 series in my pro and it would pull on other poo's with the ten series weights. My mechanic told me that they are better weights then the 10 series.

Premium Features