• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Vest or Peips Jetforce 10L?

J

jph3

Dec 6, 2007
Edwards co
Trying to make a quick decision.... have an option to buy either one at a great price. What would you choose? And Why?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
BCA. Proven technology. I believe they are more committed to the sled industry, support-wise, (yeah I know, owned by K2), then Pieps. I realize, money also has something to do with it. And I own ABS. You know what they say about opinions, everyone has .... one, and they all stink...

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
My main concern with the Peips is the battery. What if it were to malfunction on the mountain when you most needed it?

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
In their defense, I know that the battery does system checks while the system is turned on, I'm just not completely comfortable with relying on a battery when my life is on the line.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
My personal opinion (and I own) BCA vest. Friend has the jet force and I noticed some times the light blinking red because he hasn't charged it lately. He will pop it off and it seems to work but I would rather have mechanical rather then electrical. My vest can be a little warm in the spring but its worth it in protection. My .02

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
I think a battery is just like an air tank you need to check it every time before you go out riding. It you think in todays world how many batteries we depend and they do not fail very often.

I go on long riding trips with he motor home and I like the option of being able to charge the battery back at camp if I needed it. With air tanks I have no way to recharge it on the road.

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I think a battery is just like an air tank you need to check it every time before you go out riding. It you think in todays world how many batteries we depend and they do not fail very often.

I go on long riding trips with he motor home and I like the option of being able to charge the battery back at camp if I needed it. With air tanks I have no way to recharge it on the road.

Use the extra money you save on a traditional airbag vs a jet force and buy a scuba tank with adapter. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013

You can use a simple pump like for a paintball canister: http://www.cabelas.com/product/BENJ...gclid=CIelgfWBnM8CFQOraQodA_MKXg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think BCA has something like this with their brand on it, but I can't find it on the website.

Anyone know of any changes to the BCA vest for 16/17? I thought I saw a new buckle at the bottom of the main zipper, but maybe someone just had that sewn on? How about larger pockets?

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
I own this....
Taousa 70018 Airgun PCP Pump High Pressure Hand Pump Diving Cylinder Pump, Up to 4500 psi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01173BARU/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_w6Doyb3K7PS0C

It is a 3 stage compressor. Up stroke, pulls air into stage 1 and compresses stage 2 into the stage 3 cylinder. Down stroke compresses stages 1 and 3. Stage 3 is about 3/16" dia. Higher pressure = more effort. 360 quick strokes, about 20 min, to fill the BCA bottle. Good upper body workout.

Comes with enough parts to rebuild twice. Feet fold up. Hose is as long as the pump is tall. Comes with everthing needed to fill a bca bottle. BCA endorses this type of bottle filling operation.

This pump lives in my trailer.....
if you are local to me and would like to give it a test run, you are more than welcome to...

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
We love our BCA packs. With all that each of us here have gone through, individually and as a group, BCA packs will be a brand that we will always trust. If you're still looking for or debating on getting a BCA pack we'd love to extend the 20% discount off to you. Use the code: BCA1 at checkout. Good luck with your decision!

Premium Features