• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

South Horns lodging etc

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
5 guys enroute now. We're thinking about heading to south horns instead of north as planned. Mainly bc itll save us a few hours drive time on the second leg of our trip which is to colorado.

Cant find much in stickies or searches as to where is a good place to stay. Not super fussy, just need good gas an good food.

I found deerhaven lodge but no gas onsite.....

Lokkin for 3 nights

B

benjfire

Oct 2, 2014
Call Meadowlark lodge, I heard they have gas and lodging. 307-366-2459 and 307-267-2609 are the phone numbers off the website. I heard deer haven is not open this winter. Meadowlark said they got 20" of snow at the ski hill, don't know if that is true or not.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
No gas pumps r outta commission at meadowlark. So now deciding bt buffalo or tensleep. Or else buy 18 new gas cans lol.

Anybody know log cabin motel in tensleep?

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
No gas pumps r outta commission at meadowlark. So now deciding bt buffalo or tensleep. Or else buy 18 new gas cans lol.

Anybody know log cabin motel in tensleep?

Last I knew The Log Cabin Motel is owned by a member here, Burr is his user name. Below is a quote from a post of his last March:

"I am not mad one bit at snowmow ! He made fine . Yes we are not the people who owned the motel years ago. They hated everyone and treated people very bad . They were in bad health and underfunded. We have been getting more and more slender coming out and the towns people are happy when I bring big groups out as they spend good money in town that is slower in winter than summer. We have spent lots of money at the log cabin motel in the house and in tons of clean up of junk that should of been gone years ago. We tore down 4 buildings down at the motel. We also bought the old ugly white gas station by motel which is gone . We bought the trailer park by motel and that gone also. We spent lots just getting some rock on lot so not walking on mud all the time. The motels rooms are old and dated but clean. They are next on the list to be gone and replaced also . To be honest I had more fun out there before bought the motel as now have more head pain ! But most of the people I meet out there make it worth it. And yes we are sled friendly as I own 5 of them. That how I got started out there was sledding. Like i said snowmobile has been forgiven by me as what he said could of been true years ago .It's a fun little western town with lots of good people trying to make a living. Like I said we will treat you as good as we can. And we are looking at camera system for the people who want to leave there trailers out there and not pull them so far. We are on main street and have good light and never have had a problem with people messing with others stuff but all it take is one idiot to ruin it."

Should be a good choice. Let us know how the snow is.

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
You are better off just going to the North Bighorns or just staying in Buffalo or Sheridan. Not much point in driving clear over the mountains to Tensleep just to turn around and drive back to the the top of the mountain you just drove over.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
You most likely won't find lodging available on top. There is a motel in Ranchester and great food at Eat Street in Ranchester. 40 minutes drive from riding.

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah stay in Ten Sleep. Theres food @ the Crazy Woman Cafe, and @ the Saloon. Booze @ the Saloon and Big Horn Bar. Log cabin motel is basically right across from the gas station and saloon. Lots of open parking now after this last guy bought it. Never stayed in the rooms so can't comment on that....home is too close for that one.

Also way shorter of a drive to Deerhaven, Meadowlark, & Baby Wagon than it is from the Buffalo side.

Premium Features