• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where is the best snow?

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
Driving from IA, MN and SD. Just curious where the best/deepest snow currently is. Very flexible as to where I am willing to drive to in WY, CO or MT. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
Steamboat?

Friend of mine just came back from Steamboat and said it was good. Still some rocks but they found deep snow. Anyone else know or hear of anything?

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
Togwotee is marginal?

I've heard mixed reviews about Togwotee ? Heard a few reports that it's marginal and lots of rocks and logs??

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Looks like the snow is finally starting to pile up!! Snowies seem to have good snow on the north and east, but my Sno-Tel ticker is saying that Wolf Creek Pass has the most at a current 55". Even West Yellowstone area is starting to catch up, and none of the sites are reporting less than 30". I'd say go where you like and you'll probably be fine. If you hit an area that looks a little thin, ride carefully, if it's obviously drifted and deep, ride hard! :) Looks like more snow in the forecast for most places too, which is nice!! Bummed that my MI friends cancelled their trip west between Christmas and NY...

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Don't go to Island Park. They don't open to snowmobiling until we get there January 3rd! :face-icon-small-dis
Hey, have fun and stay safe.:face-icon-small-hap

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Take a look at the snotel sites around idaho, 70-90" range in several places. Its DEEP! last saturday was waist deep and its been dumping all week. Eric

G

gotsnow

Dec 2, 2007
South Dakota
Idaho looks awesome but a bit to far

The furthest we are going to go is West Yellowstone. and right now were looking at West Yellowstone, Togwotee and Steamboat. Any last suggestions between those three locations? Going to make reservations later today

Premium Features