• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coloradoan headed to jackson hole

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Ok wyoming peeps. I need some help. I am headed to Jackson hole with a buddy of mine for his 50th bday boys trip end of Feb. Never been there before and our thought currently is to take the RV 25ft class A, sleds, skis, and all of our backcountry gear. Our plan is to sled, backcountry ski, and resort ski. So, I would love to know some things. First I am concerned about taking the RV as I am not sure about getting it in and out of the snowmobiling areas, ski resort, etc. We do have chains for it but it is an RV. Second, where to stay? We could ditch the RV and take the truck but then again where to stay? Although, I am partial to taking the RV due to costs, fun factor, mobility, etc. Third, where to ride at? Fourth, where to backcountry ski at? I am excited for this trip to get away from the wife and kid for a week but I want to make sure that we have fun and stay safe. We are both solid riders and solid skiers so I am not worried about our ability but do lack the knowledge of the area.
So please advise.

Thanks!

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Wow, 100 views and not one person with any info. Darn! I was hoping you wyoming peeps might have some info for me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Alpine or Togwotee for riding I would say. Access with RV to Tog should be no issue unless the parking lots are not plowed. Can't speak to Alpine for getting in or out and can't tell you anything about Jackson. I think resort skiing is self explanatory, any gaper can get there in a beetle, the RV should be fine.

Rudi

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2007
There is parking lot to the west of Togowtee Lodge for RVs and trailers. You can cross country ski by the lodge also. The lodge has a restaurant and bar. Call Togowtee Lodge for more info.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
You might look at Lava Mtn Lodge. They have year round hookups, 50 amp, water and sewer. Bar and restaurant, really good people. Hour drive down to Jackson and just to the east of Tog.
We were going to base our Prevost out of there this winter, but some parent health issues have kept us close to home this year.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Gotta love out of staters! Its called Jackson, not Jackson Hole! Horse Creek (Pinedale) is an option.

Premium Features