• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Albany and Greenrock logistics??

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
How far from the trailheads at each place to good riding?

And how far would it be to good riding if people from each trailhead wanted to meet somewhere on the hill and ride together?

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
riding areas

What do you consider good riding? Greenrock is closer to all the climbing areas and good tree riding and Albany has a lot of meadows and some fun trails. Both great places to ride but completely different. I think its 20 miles of trails to get from Albany up to Libby Flats which leads you into the bigger stuff. Greenrock to Libby flats is like 5.5 miles. A lot of people meet up south of Lake Marie by a big hill, some call potty hill.

Last edited:
C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Thanks!

Good riding to me is terrain with lots of smaller hills and terrain features, and with enough trees to keep tracks down.

Not a fan of flat meadows, or straight up a 3000 foot hill.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
If you are not staying at Albany then greenrock is where I would be. When we get to Albany on Friday morning (staying there for the ride), we will hit the trail straight to Lake Marie. I usually only stay towards Albany if the vis is terrible or there is just down right too much snow (happened only once).

Premium Features